Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Is it worth it?

Old 02-01-2005, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I was just saying that the furthest he wanted to go was I/H/E... and maybe a TB. Thats... well considering hes buying used parts, 500ish-600ish dollars. I don't know if 10WHP from 3000RPM and up is worth that much to him, its not going to shove you back into your seat. If he wants to keep the Tib for its drivability and looks, thats fine. Its up to him whether that bit of HP is worth the few hundred that he could spend on something else, even something other than a car.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:11 PM

honestly your not going to see a great deal out of what your want to do. your going to gain maybe 20 hp at the crank IF your lucky with all that.

if your going cheap and just want to make it run a little better intake, cam, headers, fully upgraded exhaust is a great start but your not going to fully realize the effect of these mods with out an under drive pulley but would also suggest getting the accessory pulleys too. swapping out the ecu for a 1.8 and piggy backing it as well with some sort of fuel management system. safc or smt6 and i'd top it off with a 75 wet shot.

if your not willing to invest the time and money to get all that (minus the nitrous maybe) don't start, you'll just be wasting it. yes we all have to start somewhere and building up parts can take time but if your not willing to go full boat and invest in all these things even if it takes you a year of bolting one thing on at a time upto atleast this point, i honestly wouldnt even start. put your money towards something better, like a girlfriend or something else. just my 2 cents.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:06 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SlipStream)</div><div class='quotemain'>put your money towards something better, like a girlfriend</div>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:black">HA!<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">yeeaahhh.....</span></span></span>

I say to you, If that's all ya wanna do (you will feel difference but you'll never realize full potential), put your money into sound system if that's your thing? Or make your car look good on outside (doesn't have to be fastest tib in the world to get attention...) Get a kit, rims, the whole 9 yards, hell even throw in an extra yard and get some crazy In Car Entertainment items, whatever you do:
Have fun with it, don't do it cuz everyone else is or someone told ya to (ex. Me).
Old 02-02-2005, 07:54 PM

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">I would have to agree Patreezy about the girlfriend part. Not always the best investment. I know I spent close to 2G on my X over a year period and, as you can tell by the "X" didn’t work out to well.

I say go for it man. You said you are getting used headers for about $100, cant beet that. When I put the CAI on mine I noticed it a lot more of a deference then I thought I would. I'm sure everyone is right about not getting the full effect of it but like you, don’t want to put to much money in my car but want to give it more go. I'm looking at doing the same mods on mine. i just wish i was a 2 liter. If only you could get power out of looks I would be doing alright for myself.

</span>
Old 02-02-2005, 08:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>If only you could get power out of looks I would be doing alright for myself.</div>

I think me and Redz would agree the nostril hood would be -50 horsepower. tongue.gif Just playin man. 2G on the Ex? I think I might've spent 1000 or so, but I know I got 1000 worth in return with friendship... and other things. cat2.gif Meyow? LOL.

By all means if you want to give it a try then go ahead. Keep the stock parts handy though, chances are you won't sell the car with them on. If you ever sell the car, off the aftermarket stuff goes.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy)</div><div class='quotemain'>put your money into sound system if that's your thing...

hell even throw in an extra yard and get some crazy In Car Entertainment items...

whatever you do:
Have fun with it, don't do it cuz everyone else is or someone told ya to (ex. Me).</div>

hows this for starters on those things?

Also I got awesome new 6x9's (see here: http://www.rdtiburon.com/forum/showthread....hlight=speakers )
and gettin another amp

and hell, I even this haha

then my personal favorite:

so i know it might not be the best stuff, but like i said its a start and i think i got this stuff going for me already. Thats why im leaning toward adding some engine mods... but who knows. Ill figure it out. Like you said man, its all in fun