Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Is it worth it?

Old 02-01-2005, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

alright guys, thanks so much for talkin me into this! haha. i pretty much knew i wanted to before, but i just needed some encouragement so i didnt feel bad about spending the money! haha. you guys rock headbang.gif
Old 02-01-2005, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

TibbMinn I agree with what everyone said, just take it easy, I/H/E are easy/cheap mods. See how you like those and then maybe get the 1.8L cam. You don't have to throw tons of money at it. You still have to keep it drivable obviously, if something happens the new turbo kit is only going to make it worse right???
Old 02-01-2005, 05:42 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (silvertibbs)</div><div class='quotemain'>if something happens the new turbo kit is only going to make it worse right???</div>

Im confused.... i said i WASNT going turbo....
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TibMinn)</div><div class='quotemain'>But as I hate to admit it, with out going turbo, <u>which I have no plans of doing</u>, my car will still be slow 02.gif.</div>

maybe i miss understood you?? dunno
Old 02-01-2005, 05:43 PM

It's good to see you are motivated again.
I would do such mods in the following order:
1. CAI
2. 1.8 cam
3. Exhaust
4. Headers

I think that's how you could be adding more noticeable power on each mod, because a set of headers with no exhaust or cai, would not make a difference, as would the cam without the cai.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:48 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zman)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's good to see you are motivated again.
I would do such mods in the following order:
1. CAI
2. 1.8 cam
3. Exhaust
4. Headers

I think that's how you could be adding more noticeable power on each mod, because a set of headers with no exhaust or cai, would not make a difference, as would the cam without the cai.</div>

as that may be the best way to do it, unfortunately im going a different route, just cuz of how things came up. I have a CAI and strut bar now, and the opportunity for these headers arose now, so i'll probably get them next, followed by exhaust to finish off that side. then maybe go back and do intake cam and BBTB. dunno bout the last ones for sure though, and as the headers may happen soon, the exhaust saddly probably wont be til late spring or even summer, and the others a while after that... i'll have to pace myself eyeroll.gif haha oh well
Old 02-01-2005, 05:57 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

if you're worried about spending a lot of money on performance and not getting much from it, you COULD always put the money towards show. if you are the kind of guy that is not planning on doing a lot of racing and you don't like to try and "hot-rod" your mostly stock car, then i would say you could get a bodykit OR some nice rims and youll probably like them just as much (or more).
it already looks like your interior is pretty nice, so why don't you hook up the exterior a little. lowered tibs w/nice rims looks soo awesome.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:43 PM

I do have to admit, this pic looks DAMN sexy!!

(thats vulcanwolfs car if wanted to know, looks just like mine).

so now what guys? show or go? I think i know what i want more, but your opinions could always sway that. so??
Old 02-01-2005, 06:51 PM

Dollar for dollar a Tib isn't very easy to mod with a little bit of money. Uncommon parts are expensive compared to other imports where competition plays more of a role.

You could pick up an old Civic hatch in your spare time for cheap to work on and learn how the engine and inner workings work and how everythings connected. Thats how I learned (Not on a civic... but a 500 dollar junker). Start with taking off the Intake Manifold, then work on removing camshafts, then go deeper and deeper until you finally have it all apart and are looking at the bottom end.

Once you learn how it works, you can either rebuild that engine or get a newer engine and boost it or engine swap it yourself. Hondas are notorious for being able to mix and match heads, engines, etc. They are fun, misunderstood little cars. tongue.gif
Old 02-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Ham, he wants to slowly work on his tib.. stop trying to push him into a honda. With the information at everyone's fingertips today.. it is quite possible to take a person who had never picked up a wrench before and talk them through almost anything automotive..
Old 02-01-2005, 07:52 PM

thanks mad. I appreciate your help hamhead but i want to stay with the tib. i have a little expirience with engines and am not afraid to mess with it. (well.... most of it haha). but im confident i could put on all the stuff that id get anyway. As much as id like to add some show to it too zoned, id spend just as much money that way, and with modding i can spend the money bit by bit and work my way up where as the show is kinda all or nothing. with mods i will get rewarded by some gains each time too. so i guess i decided to mod it, it was somthin to think about tho