Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Wont Start

Old 07-03-2005, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

ok, so i go down to help jump a friend, and ive always just known which was positive and which was neg on my battery, however a friend who help with my audio thought it woudl be funny to turn the battery around....so the wires got put on backwards. so now we have a fully charged battery...... but i get a clicking sound. now it was pitch black and we didnt know where the starter was, so we couldnt hit it to see if it was jammed.(where is the starter btw)... anyways, thoughts on what it could be? were planning on taking otu the starter tomorrow and taking it to advancedauto to have some tests run. now my other question is where is the starter, how should i go about getting to it, etc. also if i need a new one where should i go to look for one?

alright well i dont have an edit button for some reason.....

update, it might be a fuse..... where would it be and which one could it be.

also the possiblity of a bad cable just came up.....thoughts?
Old 07-04-2005, 12:23 AM

the starter is underneath of the IM, thank speed-factor for no edit button. could be a fuse, but more then likely your battery needs to be replaced or its your starter.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:32 AM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

I had to replace my starter once........ WOW!!!!!!! P.I.T.A it was.

If you do go to replace, remove the cross-member underneath, it will be easier to get to.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:56 AM

Ok... let's get this right from the beginning.

You went to jump start a friend car and the wires were crossed (for whatever reason). Now all you get is a clicking noise from the starter..

Basic diagnosing. Are you sure the battery is properly charged in your car? Check the headlights.. even with the engine off they should be fairly bright (have to turn the key to on). I would also see about getting a tester on your battery so you can get a static test and a load test. If you do not have one, remove it from your car and take to somebody who does. Autozone, pepboys, sears. etc etc..

Personally, I do not think you fried your starter. You probably did kill your battery though.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

yes it has power, maybe it isnt enough. were going to try jumping it again this morning.

i feel like the biggest dumbass in the world for not looking and just remembering what sides positive and negative.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:18 AM

well from experience of setting up my sound system, i found that everything will work basiclly normal in the car, but it still not have the power to start the car...i believe it has a safety feature that wont let it crank under a certain amount of power. mad-machine is right, its your battery.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:01 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

clicking sound i think is only with 2000 tiburons hence you and my sister had the same exact sound.

when she had her amp and woofer installed the battery kept draining so everytime you turned your key off you had to jump the car to get it started again.

the new battery has to be drained and charged. my advice is to start the car, take it for a nice spin in the WV countryside for a few hours. when you come back the problem should be gone. fing02.gif
Old 07-04-2005, 10:24 AM

i love the wv country side
Old 07-04-2005, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (00Tibby @ Jul 3 2005, 11:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright well i dont have an edit button for some reason.....
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Read the stickys noob. LOL It's posted about.

I guarantee it's your battery or starter. Most likely your starter. Peter2150 had his starter burn out when his battery negative cable shorted.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:36 PM

yes i did i hope its just your battery. Thos starters are a bit of money.