Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Window Wont Roll Up

Old 01-17-2008, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My girlfriends 01 tib drivers window went down this morning but wouldnt go back up. She says the motor runs but the window doesnt move, i know its prolly a regulator or the gear on the motor etc.....

What i need from you knoweledgable tiburon gurus is a temporary fix that i can talk her through

Im working offshore and talking her through the process will be the only way it will get done.

the only thing im not sure of is how the door panels come off....any info here is appreciated

If you can help by all means please do the dealership is wanting 270 bucks to fix it ....this is without seeing the car though.

all local shops say they want her to come to them for an estimate.

I will be home in a week so all i need is a fix until then, because she wants to drive my pride and joy car if hers isnt fixed. mad.gif

Sorry for the book

Thanks ahead of time for any help
Old 01-17-2008, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Door panels are easy. Two screws on the inside or the door, 3 on the bottom. The two that are hidden in the door handle inside. And one behind the latch you pull to open it. Then it kind of just pops off. It will seem like you break it but it is just the clips.

The problem is the regulator. Once she gets it up it should stay there. She should not rool it down at all then after that because it wont go back up. The regulator costs about 75 on ebay new. I would do that and put it in yourself. Just a few bolts and some working around the door.

Sorry if things are spelled wrong or anything. Trying to type this quick.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Jan 17 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Door panels are easy. Two screws on the inside or the door, 3 on the bottom. The two that are hidden in the door handle inside. And one behind the latch you pull to open it. Then it kind of just pops off. It will seem like you break it but it is just the clips.

The problem is the regulator. Once she gets it up it should stay there. She should not rool it down at all then after that because it wont go back up. The regulator costs about 75 on ebay new. I would do that and put it in yourself. Just a few bolts and some working around the door.

Sorry if things are spelled wrong or anything. Trying to type this quick.</div>

^^^^^ awesome man thanks for the help

anyone else theres always lil tricks to the job that one may know that another doesnt..........thanks again in advance
Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

You don't need the 3 screws on the bottom, those hold the pocket which comes out with the panel. Actually, it might be harder to pop off the clips if you remove those screws.

All in all you have 2 screws in the front part, two screws in the back part, two around the handle (you have to pop off the plastic covers that hide them) and one screw around the latch. Then pull on the bottom part to pop off the clips, and then you have to sort of pull towards the back and up to get it off, shouldn't be too hard. Then the connector to the power window switch must come off from the inside of the panel, and then the panel is completely separated. I don't know exactly what it takes to pull up the window, she should figure that one out.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:38 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20667

Point her to that thread.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yup.

Part costs about 75 on ebay.

Also, stop quoting the post above yours, use the ADD REPLY button at the end of the page.

Lastly, you can take off the door panel for now, then get a pair of snips and cut the metal cable that raises the window.

Get a GOOD STRONG bar clamp, about 1.5 foot long, and have someone hold the window in the UP position. Get inside the door and clamp the bar clamp as hard as you can on the brass rail that the window slides on, up at the top near the window edge.

This will hold the window up until you get your new part.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 PM

Or do like I did. Remove door panel and use a pair of vice grips to lock the window in the up position. It's a good temporary fix if you can't swing the 75 bucks right away. Just make sure you unplug the window motor so you don't try and roll it down again.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Vice Grips, Bar Clamp, both will work the same.

If you cut the wire cable that hoists the window, you have no worries about the switch, leave your switch plugged in.