Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Window Switch Idea

Old 03-14-2005, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Window Switch Idea

I did a little search to see if this had been thought of or tried already and didn't come up with anything. On the driver side window and mirror controls, the driver side window rolls down automatically when you click it all the way down. My idea is to incorporate that into the passenger side window switch on the driver's main controls. How could that be done? Would it be as simple as getting a driver's side switch and putting it in the pass. side switch or would something else have to be done to it?
Old 03-14-2005, 12:40 PM

Mine sticks down sometime, so I would think that putting the drivers side switch on the passengers side would work.

The way mine sticks, I think that it is more of a mechanical function of the switch instead of an electronic function.

Try it and let us know. wink1.gif
Old 03-14-2005, 12:42 PM

I remember this talked about before somewhere....... Anyway, this function is in the switch itself not in the motor or anything. So I would have to assume that putting a drivers side switch on the passenger side should work no problem. If you have a spare switch try it and let everyone know how it works cause that would be a really nice thing to know works laugh.gif:
Old 03-14-2005, 12:43 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I think there is special schematic to do it. When you press the button all the way down (auto down) you turn on the motor to open the window, special schematic stops it when current an the motor will be increased.

I know there should be aftermarket controllers to do this with all windows (auto up and down). And you can hook up your alarm system so that when you armed your alarm it will close windows.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:45 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

When I was taking out my switches to paint them I put them in wrong and fvcked up.

But in a good way because now when I press any switch (just a tap) it stays down and the window continues to roll up or down all the way. The only problem is that the switch doesn't pop back into level position, you have to do it manually. But it's cool for when your hands are full and you can't HOLD the switch down.

^This workd for all my driver/pass. window switches, up or down.

Don't ask me how I did it, I have no f-ing clue? I could take her apart again and find out though....
Old 03-14-2005, 01:28 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

^^^ that would be great DIY wink1.gif
Old 03-14-2005, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Is this with all tibs? Mine doesn't have an auto down!
Old 03-14-2005, 02:37 PM

thats odd, i thought all tibs had that automatic switch on the drivers side for the window
Old 03-14-2005, 02:48 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon

I guess I'll have to get a driver's side switch and try it. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (javageek)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is this with all tibs? Mine doesn't have an auto down!</div>

Its an RD2 thing cool.gif laugh.gif: