Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Window air leak

Old 06-27-2004, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My drivers side window has a serious leak. Does anyone else have this problem? The rubber gasket seems fine but I guess its bad if air whistles through... Also if I don't feel like washing my car at home by hand, I'll take it to a car wash and pressure wash it. If I do this the pressure washer can spray water right inside my car do to this leak. What can I do to fix this? Just buy a new gasket from the dealership?
Old 06-28-2004, 05:40 AM

well, are you sure it is the gasket.. take a look at your door when the window rolled up. Is the gap all the way around the door even? Is the gap around the glass where it meets the rubber strip even? If both answers are no.. your door has probably sagged and needs to be re-alighned. If the door is straight and the glass is not.. then you have a problem with how the glass is seating and you probably have to take the door apart to find out why... if both are even and the gaps are not too great.. it is probably the seal.

Do not forget to check and see if the glass is sticking out too far from the rubber as well.. sometimes when I close my door, I need to roll the window down a hair to get it to seal again.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:28 AM

I had the same problem with my passenger window for awhile but it was easily fixed. If your window moves side to side very easily with the door open, you probably have the same problem I did. Take the door panel off and first, look in the bottom of the door to see if there are any pieces that have fallen off. Look really good. In my case it was a piece of plastic that attached to the window itself that secures the window in the proper position when the window is rolled up. Now no more wind noise or getting my passengers wet when I wash my car.

Hope this helps you some.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:45 AM

i just got the same problem with my window. It goes up pass where the tint ends and the window hits the plastic strip on the car. That makes it only shut half way. On the window in the door how many guides are there and do they have stoppers (caps) on the top?
Old 07-03-2004, 06:22 PM

Default And wassup with the strut bar now?

I had the same issues with both my doors and rear hatch.....come to think of it my dealer has pretty much replaced every seal on my car, not sure if it is a common issue or not but replaceing the seals fixed my problems
Old 07-03-2004, 06:34 PM

Default Link between intake and exhaust tone

Where was it coming in from the rear hatch???
Old 07-04-2004, 09:37 AM

Overall I am not sure exactly were around the hatch it was leaking....when ever I drove over like 30 mph you would hear a high pitched whistle ...... after a long period of not being able to figure out what it was i took it to my dealer and they replaced the rear hatch seal and it fixed the problem....go figure
Old 07-04-2004, 02:37 PM

Hey Vulcanwolf, I'd be willing to bet that you have the same exact problem that I had. As for the number of guides, I think it has 3, I could be mistaken on that. In your case you probably have one "stopper" that has vibrated loose and fallen off. I would suggest just poppin the door panel off and have a look. BTW, you should only need to remove the lower portion of the foam liner attached to the door. Be careful with that tar type crap, if you get it on your clothes, seats, etc. its a pain in the arse to get it out!
Old 07-08-2004, 01:21 PM

Well when i installed my speakers in my front door i saw 1 or 2 guide rails that were bronze color or whatever. When i put my window up with the door shut and i open the door it goes up farther by itself. The rai in the middle of the door didn't have anything on the top and i figure that a cap probably goes on it. Is that correct. When i bought my car the guy said nothing was wrong with it and i can tell the driverside door handle was tampered with because a little blue paint chipped off and i see red now and the white plastic is cut and not pulled off.
Recap: My question is:
Is there a cap on all the rails?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2004, 09:46 AM

Dude to tell you the truth, I dont remember. I dont recall any caps on the rails themselves, the part that I had to reinstall attached to the window itself. If I'm not mistaken there were a couple of those "caps" attached to the door skin. Look at the rear of the window(closest to the back of car) to see if there is a white piece of plastic attached to it, if so, you'll notice that it has a piece that sticks up at an angle. When you roll your window up that piece slides into a notch at the top of your door skin to stop the window from going up any further. If that white piece of plastic is not on your window, thats the problem, if it is first make sure that it is sliding into that notched piece mentioned above. If that isnt the problem, I'd be looking for cap/stopper similar to it that may be missing elsewhere on the window or door skin. Let me know what you come up with.