Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Whole Bunch Of Random Questions

Old 01-31-2006, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

was just looking around ebay at things for the tibby and was just wondering about a few items if anyone gots a few moments to bear with some answers smile.gif

first off... headers like these
would they be worth the money or just save the cash and get proper brand name ones,

ground wires, could upgrading your ground wires actually raise the 5-8hp they advertise? stupid question here too smile.gif personally, it looks like something that goes ontop of a distrubuter cap or something, you know the whole circle with leads comming out of it... on my tib... i really dont remember seeing anything that looks like this around.

and then this little CD manuel
says it has the instructions on all these different things, some look pretty intresting like the door conversions and such. think its a gimmick like those little +hp chips? or think it could actually have some usefull DIY mods in there

thanks for any help in this smile.gif
Old 01-31-2006, 07:11 PM

was just looking around ebay at things for the tibby and was just wondering about a few items if anyone gots a few moments to bear with some answers smile.gif

first off... headers like these
would they be worth the money or just save the cash and get proper brand name ones,

ground wires, could upgrading your ground wires actually raise the 5-8hp they advertise? stupid question here too smile.gif personally, it looks like something that goes ontop of a distrubuter cap or something, you know the whole circle with leads comming out of it... on my tib... i really dont remember seeing anything that looks like this around.

and then this little CD manuel
says it has the instructions on all these different things, some look pretty intresting like the door conversions and such. think its a gimmick like those little +hp chips? or think it could actually have some usefull DIY mods in there

thanks for any help in this smile.gif
Old 01-31-2006, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

headers i would say are fine. i mean, you might be able to get a couple more hp out of a brand name header, but if you are willing to spend hundreds extra for that little bit of power, you may as well save up and go turbo.

ground wires wont increase hp more than an unnoticeable smidgen. they will do other things though that make them worth the money.

dont touch the cd manual.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

headers i would say are fine. i mean, you might be able to get a couple more hp out of a brand name header, but if you are willing to spend hundreds extra for that little bit of power, you may as well save up and go turbo.

ground wires wont increase hp more than an unnoticeable smidgen. they will do other things though that make them worth the money.

dont touch the cd manual.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

headers are iffy...

groundwires you can do yourself for a fraction of the cost

definitely a no on the "DIY" stuff. Most of it is just buying other brackets and relocating them.
We can tell you where to get the Vertical Doors at, we'll also tell you not to reverse the hood or hatch laugh.gif
We've got plenty of people that can tell you about Angel eye headlights

This website is free. That CD is not.
Website > CD
Old 01-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Administrator

headers are iffy...

groundwires you can do yourself for a fraction of the cost

definitely a no on the "DIY" stuff. Most of it is just buying other brackets and relocating them.
We can tell you where to get the Vertical Doors at, we'll also tell you not to reverse the hood or hatch laugh.gif
We've got plenty of people that can tell you about Angel eye headlights

This website is free. That CD is not.
Website > CD
Old 01-31-2006, 09:54 PM

ok so i take it nothing on there is worth it? lol tongue.gif

ya i know were to get the vertical doors from, they cost about a grand so was just wondering if there was a cheaper alternative that wouldnt be as crappy as the other rip offs, and with the angel eyes, theres more then enough info about them on this site then needed smile.gif was just wondering about other things it could have
Old 01-31-2006, 09:54 PM

ok so i take it nothing on there is worth it? lol tongue.gif

ya i know were to get the vertical doors from, they cost about a grand so was just wondering if there was a cheaper alternative that wouldnt be as crappy as the other rip offs, and with the angel eyes, theres more then enough info about them on this site then needed smile.gif was just wondering about other things it could have
Old 01-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Administrator

nah, you're never sure of what's on EBay. I rarely suggest it, but sometimes it pulls through.

$1,000 for vertical doors is a pretty good price.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Administrator

nah, you're never sure of what's on EBay. I rarely suggest it, but sometimes it pulls through.

$1,000 for vertical doors is a pretty good price.