Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Who has a MSD installed in a tibu 2000?

Old 10-30-2004, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Max Boost

Anyone knows what kind of MSD has to use our tibus? I own a 2000 Tiburon, and I want to know what kind do I need to my car?.....

Anyone can tell me how good are this MSD?.... it will help or it wont feel the difference if I have a few mods?.......

is worth it?..............

:!:
Old 10-30-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Poll: Riciest mod on a car

I don't have a MSD but I know people who do..There's even a guy who had an Elantra with it and he told me that any gains were modest at best. He mostly used it for a rev limiter for his nitrous.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Re: 97 Tiburon vs. 03 Acura RSX type S PART 2 !!!!!!!

search button pwns you... this same subject was posted not even 5 days ago
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...light=msd#20464
Old 10-30-2004, 09:07 PM

Default Re: FS.. Unpainted never installed Cuda Wing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dweet)</div><div class='quotemain'>search button pwns you... this same subject was posted not even 5 days ago
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=Fo...light=msd#20464</div>

OK. thanks i did see that post but i didnt find the answer i was looking for, i just want to know if is worth it buy the MSD, or not......

it feel the diference or what are the best thing to mod instead this....

thanks!
Old 10-30-2004, 11:41 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Turbo
Default Re: looking for fuses

hey man, hehehe why not just email me, the answer is no you will not get any gains with the mods you have, and on the other hand what kind of msd are you talking about? is it a spark "booster"? or is it a spark time controller? the spark booster is mostly used (to my knowledge) for carburated vehicles that chug lots of gas so a "bigger" spark is needed to burn all the fuel, the timer is used to advance or retard the timing, depending on what r you doing be it Forced induction or natrual aspirated. as I said with the mods you have it won`t give you too much of a gain, its like getting an SAFC and your mods are intake headers and piping, most of what I read is that you would get 5-8whp more with tuning it with the piggy back, now if you are using the safc to tune your Forced induction application you can get better gains (but the Safc is a must if you dont have anything else to adjust the af ratio, or bye bye motor) if you wan to chat about it get online in the msn after monday in bussines hours... hehehehehe (note: most of what i said is what ive read in other forums, so I could be wrong in some parts)
Old 11-06-2004, 04:07 PM

Default Re: What is the best way to start with an automatic......??

Ok.. I will tell you my experience... ALst week I have installed an MSD DIS2 Part 6211. You NEED THIS. Know, I have no serious modifications... only 10mm spark plugs wires, Super Bosch4 spark plugs, Short Ram Intake (it was suppose to be a CAI, but really bad experience with flood) and rise the compression. I also have an SAFC II that have not been tunned with any O2 band or DYNO (another story).

My car was running really rich, I notice that because some riends told me that when I go High RPM, my car smoke. That surprise me because my car have never smoke..... not a little..

After I installed the MSD, Ypu will feel a better Throthle response, the smoke on my car almost disappear..

But Spending $400 bucks, is not a good business without serious modifications..... I installed this because 2 reasons: First, I'm going into Turbo and Second, I bought it in Ebay at $157.00 NEW lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Thanks God for Ebay.... The Cheapest Tuning shop have ever been opened

Just becarefull of the seller.....
Old 11-07-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Re: raffles

Hey tiburonwao..... thanks for your experience!...... ae are almost alike....i am from Guatemala, and I have SAFC i want to install the MSD and i going turbo soon, pretty soon... so you said that its very helpfull right?.... i hope you are right, because i gonna try to get one of those.... i dont have tuned my SAFC either....... and thats another thing that i´m thinking to buy, an Wideband, but its very expensive...

How did you do to but in Ebay!?!.... you have a p.obox?!....

well anything just write, ok?...

later
Old 11-07-2004, 06:07 PM

Default Re: KSpec Bro's Gauges

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TiburonWao)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks God for Ebay.... The Cheapest Tuning shop have ever been opened

Just becarefull of the seller.....</div>

I can't agree more with both statements.

lol.gif
Old 11-07-2004, 09:26 PM

Default Re: EBAY Alert NEW Red AEM CAI

Just remember... YOU CAN DO BETTER MODIFICATIONS BEFORE GOING INTO AN MSD, unless you get as cheaper as I got it...

I will PM you so we can stay in the Topic... send me an email If you want.... of course, I speak spanish....
Old 04-16-2005, 10:50 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TiburonWao @ Nov 8 2004, 04:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just remember... YOU CAN DO BETTER MODIFICATIONS BEFORE GOING INTO AN MSD, unless you get as cheaper as I got it...
I will PM you so we can stay in the Topic... send me an email If you want.... of course, I speak spanish....
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

So any update here?..

hey tiburonwao... have any news?