Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

who is the fastest tiburon here?

Old 08-23-2002, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>lantraluvr:
Hey Angelos, haven't seen you for a while.

So where's his dyno sheets? </div>Tasos cars being tested at the moment of the National Technology University of Athens,because they did some tests,with cams that are blank in the inside,very light cams.they also put Natrious valves{Na}and now they are installing a Haltech ECU.Yeap the car has reached the 190hp but they are trying to adjust the idles and everything etc etc....

Soon i believe he will post the sheets,,but please dont make again any horrible endless posts..
I am personally not a very good mechanic,,but i can drive my tib as hell..My talent is at driving what a pity.... eek! eek! eek!
Old 08-23-2002, 05:53 AM
Red

Na = sodium, there's no such thing as "natrious" rolleyes.gif

No valve is made entirely of sodium, they are instead steel casing which are sodium-filled. Sodium filled valves are only worth their salt (haha) in places where they will deal with extreme amounts of heat. If you wanted lighter or stronger valves, you should have gone with Titanium which would have been cheaper and lasted longer and weighed less.

Sodium filled valves will have cooler valve faces, but at the cost of higher heat in the valve stem. This results in higher thermal expansion, which usually results in either leaking or sticking valve guides and much higher wear rates.

I find it funny how he was claiming all this 190 hosrepower bullshyt when he was running STOCK shaved pistons and "1.6L cams" and a stock ecu. But now you're telling me he's running hollow core aftermarket camshafts (nothing new here) and a full standalone engine mangement system.

Is he still running "shaved" stock pistons? rolleyes.gif

You know better than to get me started on the complete and utter BS story that he started. Even this NEW guy running 13's is more believable than Tasos' "190HP" monster.

I'm still betting it's 190 crank horsepower at best, and certainly not 190 wheel horsepower. Unless, again, you're claiming some sort of "supah secret" parts which you are never ever allowed to disclose.

Yeah, right. rolleyes.gif
Old 08-23-2002, 06:24 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Red:

I'm still betting it's 190 crank horsepower at best, and certainly not 190 wheel horsepower. Unless, again, you're claiming some sort of "supah secret" parts which you are never ever allowed to disclose.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes</div>You remember.... Those supah secret parts and mechanics tricks that HE doesn't even know about. Still don't understand how someone can be working on your car and YOU don't even know exactly what's being done. Ah well.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:36 AM

i would piss in the gas tank

how you like that for an octane booster?
lol
tongue.gif
Old 08-23-2002, 06:38 AM
Red

BWAHAHAHA!

Well, I don't think piss would make it ping tongue.gif Guess that means it's pretty effective eh? Maybe I should try that! But I'll experiment on Joel's Starion first wink (Shhh, don't tell him I said that hahaha)
Old 08-23-2002, 06:44 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

HEY guys gimme a break its not my car anyway...

Let the time speak and unveil all the dynosheets.I cannot tell cause i dont know much about motors..

BTW Red whats your opinion on maximum hp when you are making only NA mods????We are speaking of course for 2.0l beta motor... rolleyes.gif
Old 08-23-2002, 06:55 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Angelos:
HEY guys gimme a break its not my car anyway...

Let the time speak and unveil all the dynosheets.I cannot tell cause i dont know much about motors..

BTW Red whats your opinion on maximum hp when you are making only NA mods????We are speaking of course for 2.0l beta motor... rolleyes.gif</div>Please don't get Red started again. Then again, everytime he verbally slaughters someone I learn a HELLOVALOT. wink
Old 08-23-2002, 07:01 AM
Red

My opinion doesn't matter.

The basic fact is this: You can count on ONE HAND the total number 2.0L N/A BETA engines in the WORLD that make 190+ wheel horsepower. Now, I'm talking motors that have dynosheets, none of this "oooh in lala wonder land GTECH butt-dyno I beat this one car that had blah horsepower" stuff.

Yes, we've all "heard" of 2.0L all-motor beta engines making 200-this and 240-that and even more. But where are the dynosheets? When pressed hard, the people claiming these numbers come up with some pretty lame excuses.

Gee, I don't have the $100 for a dyno sheet, but I had the $8,000 for production research and development for my motor. Go figure rolleyes.gif

Edit: Just to enlighten you on what is required:

These motors that DO HAVE dynosheets are equipped with cams that don't idle below 1500rpms (the word "lumpy" doesn't do them justice), individual throttlebodies (we call 'em quad throttlebodies), cylinder heads ported with a hole saw (ie MASSIVE port changes), oversized valves on both the intake and exhaust side, pistons with static compression into the 13's, 110+ octane race gas, fully standalone engine management (at least Tasos got THAT part right), header designs that don't start making power until 5K on the tach, NO exhaust (header collector dumps to atmosphere), MSD ignition boxes, among a slew of other things.

It realistically costs these guys MORE to build a 190+ wheel horsepower motor than it's going to cost me to build my entire 400-600HP project.

Does THAT put it into perspective?

[ August 23, 2002, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Red ]
Old 08-23-2002, 07:02 AM

170whp-180whp
Old 08-23-2002, 10:36 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Cripes, that was a mouthful. eek!

Dyno, Dyno, DYNO!!!!