Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

who is the fastest tiburon here?

Old 08-21-2002, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just to give you guys an idea... i run an average of 15.7 at LACR
At a sea level track i got a 14.8 (see sig)

So altitude kills

One thing that worries me about his setup is that timing thingy... he bought that air temp sensor mod from ebay... i dunno

I still think thats scary

Spiffy got a 16.8,... with a muffler, and aem CAI... i think if you remove the ac and power steering belt too... you might hit a 16.4,... maybe even more with the car stripped
but anyways....

a 125 shot direct port, 4-2-1 headers, cai, full exhaust, slicks,... stripped car

Ok... 13's are possible with this setup
Im getting a high 14 with a 75 (room for improvement)... so you add an extra 50, strip the car, and add some slicks
Its possible...

How about you start a meet in your area... i know theres a bunch of peeps in texas... wink
Get together, and if you dont get into the 13's,... a mid to low 14 would still be nice smile.gif

Not many low 14's on this board
frown
Old 08-21-2002, 07:03 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Hey man post up some pics or you will end up like Tasos.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:06 PM

Or...come over to Hawaii and race vs us at HRP. 19ft above sea level! Real times! I'd probably run low 15's at LACR though. Alot of WRX's here doesn't run as good times as ones in the mainland. I don't know why(close to 100% humidity here, maybe someone could tell me how humidity affects racing) but we're pretty usually. Alot of ppl in the mainland has run 14.1 and 14.2's in stock form but I did a high close to 14's in stock form...low 14's with downpipe and exhaust and bigger but lighter wheels.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:14 PM

Man, I haven't heard of Tasos name since Red ripped him a new one. But I guess it proves an important point about the message board. You better have reliable dynos and timeslips to backup any claim you make, or you leave yourself open to critism and disbelief. Maybe you do make that power, but you have to have proof. I guess that should be the unofficial credo of TeamSR. God knows it was the unofficial credo of FXtreme, if you can remember back that far . In other words, put up or shut up.
Old 08-21-2002, 09:11 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Kidd Supreme:
Man, I haven't heard of Tasos name since Red ripped him a new one. But I guess it proves an important point about the message board. You better have reliable dynos and timeslips to backup any claim you make, or you leave yourself open to critism and disbelief. Maybe you do make that power, but you have to have proof. I guess that should be the unofficial credo of TeamSR. God knows it was the unofficial credo of FXtreme, if you can remember back that far . In other words, put up or shut up.</div>HEY guys dont be so bad boys......

I know Tasos and he is a very good person and real good mechanic like Random,Red and some other guys..Tasos spends a lot of cash and money on his tib,,and will very soon post some dynos..
Please dont flame me for saying this but i believe in everybodys potential for doing some great work on his car.. wink
What should i say about my tib????Its only 140hp and it slips like hell....
But i am planning on turbocharging in the near future with the help of all of you guys in here..
I think Team SR community is the best all over the net..
Just wait till Tasos proves his project....
If he doesnt prove th 190hp NA to us i will be the first to flame him.... wink
Thanks for reading my post......

PS.My .02cent opinion anyway dont flame on me please... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Old 08-22-2002, 01:54 AM

I've met him before... Yellow Tib with the A-Pillar gauges from 635 and MacArthur. I can't vouch for his "supposed" times, however I had raced him on the highway late one night and I got a good look at his taillights. When parked and in idle, it sounds like a beast too. smile.gif

I noticed that the idle vibrations had an uncanny similarity to a lawn mower... Only thing though - mid 13 second cars like stock Camaro SS's usually whip me pink from start to finish. I don't think this Tib had that much pull on me.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:31 PM

weight does play a damn good role in your time. the fastest all motor crx runs 9s and weights only 1400lbs with 265hp and about the same torque. u dont need gobs of hp to make a decent time but it does help.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Hey Angelos, haven't seen you for a while.

So where's his dyno sheets?
Old 08-23-2002, 01:42 AM

just remember that hp dosen't make all the speed. You can have 600 hp and not run for ****. I'd rather have 200whp and 300ftlbs of torque. That will get ya some where. But 13? probally not.
Old 08-23-2002, 02:49 AM

i love that flag!!! i first saw it like a year and half ago...cracked up laughing at work!! i would like to see some pics.