Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

who is the fastest tiburon here?

Old 08-20-2002, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh no not the tranny stuff again
<~~~~worried
sad.gif

tiburon01: i dont care if you run a 18sec quarter mile with a direct port... i still wanna see pics of your setup
I havent a direct port setup on a tibby yet... dam red lagging it
rolleyes.gif tongue.gif wink

[ August 20, 2002, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]
Old 08-20-2002, 03:11 AM
Red

LoL

If you can wait a week, you'll have the ENTIRE gammut of pics for drilling, tapping, mounting, routing and finished installation of a direct port setup on a BETA

I might even provide a few dynosheets wink
Old 08-20-2002, 03:24 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Random:
</div>I was gonna call it but I figured I'd give someone else the glory this time. wink

Did someone peep this guys IP addy?
Old 08-20-2002, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

ok lets call bull**** one off my good friends has an ls1 camero auto so you just punch it and go. we race all the time and i put 1/1/2 cars on him every time now if some one in texas can run a 13 meet up with me we will race and you can come back here and tell everyone that i am not talking ****. my friend owens a perf shop cant say hee hee.and he can burn new comp chip for grand nats and other buicks well we burnt one for mine and advanced the timing 4 deg and set a new fuel curve. now i can only run nos with 110 race gas or yes my car will blow up.i am not some person who just started racing i have been racing imports for about 6 years so i know what it takes to run good times and you wont brake your tranny if you dont dump it off the line. you rev up to 3000 and when the 3 yellow comes on you let out half way and you start to go then with slicks like i run your car hooks up quick then you hit the nos and there you go hit your shifts and you run a good time.i know all off the hyundai pep in dfw well most off them like i said my car is yellow with a gunmeatal hood and wheels and it is loud as ****.and i have more mods than i said cams 240 lift sr 4 2 1 header no ac no power stering underdrive pully port mached intake tb cai chip 125 wet shot short shifter and that is not all but im sick off typing so talk **** all you want but come race me first.

[ August 20, 2002, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: tiburon01 ]
Old 08-20-2002, 10:11 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>tiburon01:
ok lets call bull**** one off my good friends has an ls1 camero auto so you just punch it and go. we race all the time and i put 1/1/2 cars on him every time now if some one in texas can run a 13 meet up with me we will race and you can come back here and tell everyone that i am not talking ****. my friend owens a perf shop cant say hee hee.and he can burn new comp chip for grand nats and other buicks well we burnt one for mine and advanced the timing 4 deg and set a new fuel curve. now i can only run nos with 110 race gas or yes my car will blow up.i am not some person who just started racing i have been racing imports for about 6 years so i know what it takes to run good times and you wont brake your tranny if you dont dump it off the line. you rev up to 3000 and when the 3 yellow comes on you let out half way and you start to go then with slicks like i run your car hooks up quick then you hit the nos and there you go hit your shifts and you run a good time.i know all off the hyundai pep in dfw well most off them like i said my car is yellow with a gunmeatal hood and wheels and it is loud as ****.and i have more mods than i said cams 240 lift sr 4 2 1 header no ac no power stering underdrive pully port mached intake tb cai chip 125 wet shot short shifter and that is not all but im sick off typing so talk **** all you want but come race me first.</div>Ummmm.. No. rolleyes.gif

No one is going to waste their time coming to TX to race you since your car is down, with the head off being rebuilt, (according to one of your previous posts). I find it surprising that you do not have any pictures or timeslips to show us. Ok, so maybe you don't have a digital camera or scanner but the last time I checked, SnappyPhotoMart can put them on CD or 3.5" disk for you for a small fee.

Let me explain how things work:

Anyone that comes into the forum claiming mAd HoRsEpOwEr yO, quick 1/4 mile times, or having a tricked out ride will need to post pictures, (preferably with a mod list), and/or time slips. That way we know that you are legit and not a trollkin. Also providing us with "back-up" will most assuredly keep the bu11sh1x flags from waving in the sun.

So in summary, if you give us some proof we will welcome you with open arms. Don't, and you will flame out.

[ August 20, 2002, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Hootie ]
Old 08-20-2002, 10:22 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

well ther are pep who know my here i went to the last teamsr meeting in dallas on 635 and mcaurther but i guess any one but mike and the guy with the yellow tiburon with the veilside body kit were to good to talk to me so i left mike with the green 2000 tiburon with air bags and other stuff i know he is on here i ran him before he got his air bags and when i just had a ported intake and beat him and he ran a 14.8 in huston all moter so ask one off them about my car and when my head gets done i will let them take pics off it
Old 08-20-2002, 10:25 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>tiburon01:
well ther are pep who know my here i went to the last teamsr meeting in dallas on 635 and mcaurther but i guess any one but mike and the guy with the yellow tiburon with the veilside body kit were to good to talk to me so i left mike with the green 2000 tiburon with air bags and other stuff i know he is on here i ran him before he got his air bags and when i just had a ported intake and beat him and he ran a 14.8 in huston all moter so ask one off them about my car and when my head gets done i will let them take pics off it</div>Cool beans. Show us the goodies and you will be cool with us forevAr. wink
Old 08-21-2002, 05:52 AM

This is an interesting thread to read tongue.gif
I want to see where this goes
Old 08-21-2002, 03:06 PM
BV1

Rule #1. Never, ever, ever, eveeerrrr, forget this. If you are going to make a claim about your car, espically a crazy assed one like a 1/4 mile time starting with a 13, get some descent proof ready before you even bring it up. Otherwise people will just shut you down, and out.

Too many people are of the intellect that their car is the hot ****, and if your is pulling 14.9, then their's has to be pulling 13.9. Its actually quite humourous too watch. About once every two weeks someone comes on with a home-made turbo kit pulling 12's or an all-motor 14.1. And if its not over accelleration then its over skill.

You "MAY" be running a shot of nos, and your car may go like snot, but I seriously doubt that one would
a) Attain a time like that
cool.gif Do so without obtaining at least a scan of the track reciept (I mean that thing would be framed and mounted on my wall if it were mine) and
c) know enough about the technological side of computing to connect, log on to this forum, write 1500 words on why your car is the fastest, when one picture would have sufficed.

How do I know all this? Advice learned from Red over the E-ram Scam... lol, hey it did dyno 5 WHP wink
Old 08-21-2002, 03:23 PM

Well, I didn't read all the ranting at the bottom of this post... However, let me tell you about a very fast close to stock Tib...

His name is Steve.
His 2001 Tiburon has these mods:
Crushed bend Cat-back exhaust w/ High flow Cat, Magnaflow Muffler
Home Made Intake (Injen Style)

That's it.

He took off his power steering pump belt and AC belt and the passanger and rear seats.

His run: 16.1 @ 85 mph.

Now, you may not think this is fast. However, this was accomplished at LACR (3000 ft above sea level.

I believe this time because I looked at his time sheet and raced him tonight. He got a 16.4 against my 16.9 run. (my mods: cat back, intake).

Course, Jaws did run a 15.4 tonight at LACR!!

I think Steve's competition is RxBandit. Where are you bandit??