Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Who Can Chirp 3rd N/a

Old 08-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

i think it has alot to do with having way to much clutch for your power output. I get third if I am really pushing it in the elantra, I also have an ACT street performance clutch.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:13 PM

I say it's the grip of the clutch. Before i changed my tranny and got the light flywheel and six puck Act clutch it didnt do that, now that i have that setup it does it all the time but it's because it grabs harshly.

Btw, i have 2.25" Exhaust, AEM CAI, 65mm BBTB, Sprint Lowering Springs, Beta 2 Tranny, XTD 11lbs Flywheel, Act Six Puck Sprung Clutch Kit and for wheels i have 17" Konigs (19lbs a piece!!). So that's alot of mass it has to rotate. For rubber i got Kumho Ecsta ASX. Not much mods to make alot of power, so that's why i say and for my case i'm positive it's the harsh engagement clutch.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:15 PM

I bet I could chirp on 3rd if I change to really bad tires... I can't even chirp on second, but I have good tires... With your mods (not that I am saying I can with mine) I bet you couldn't chirp in second with a good set of summer tires.
Don't forget guys that all season tires are NOT the best in handling or grip, it's just the adecuate sacrifice to have traction if it rains...

chirping is only a signal of bad traction, not at all signal of engine power nor driving abilities... BUT I give it to you it can be fun sometimes...
Old 08-03-2007, 08:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patreezy @ Aug 2 2007, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>...then you're driving incorrectly.</div>
not if you mean to do it, im not saying i cant control it, im just saying i can do it
Old 08-04-2007, 10:23 AM

my mods were intake, exhaust, cam gear, full set of lightweight pulleys, fidanza aluminum flywheel, stage 3 southbend clutch, modded slave cyl.

thats about all i can remember off hand.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

i used to be able to get a very small chirp in 3rd, usually only if i over revved it.

i/h/e/bbtb/airram

since i put my new springs/shocks on i can barely even even chirp 2nd..
Old 08-04-2007, 11:14 AM

Vehicle: car

Since putting on my new rims and tires I can rarely chirp second. Depends what pavement I am on and how hot/cold it is outside. My new rims are the exact same weight and size as my stocks. I went with a 17" lightweight-ish rim that I liked, but like I said, exact same. It all depends what tires you have and the conditions you are on. I realize high horsepower cars chirp, but that isn't a good thing, it's a showoff thing.My old shittay kumho supras spun and chirped every chance they get, my new cooper xeons (w rated) hardly spin ever and I love it. Look at it this way.

We race. You spin and I don't, who has the better traction and is putting the power down for that 3 second spin show you put on when you drop the clutch in first? You spin and I just drive. I win!

And my mods are... AEM CAI, 1.8 ECU, 1.8 cam, Factory tuned strut bar, ARK Short shifter, and a weak ass old clutch. Soon to be an OBX header in about 5 minutes.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:04 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

I was just curious why would would want to chirp or spin the tires!? My whole goal would be to have some sticky tires that will grab. But here is the thing. I will get a small chirp off the line but wont spin and pull off of that. Compaired to letting off the clutch at a high rpm and spinning or trying to feather the clutch out and go off of that. I dont try to chirp the gears, it just shows in experiance driving, or immaturity. Im sure if I wanted to show off I could smoke the tires with a hand brake hold, drop the hand break pull out of the burn out chirp second and third. But the question is why do you want to. When I was learning to drive my truck that was 4 speed I would chirp 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th and it was due to slight over revving of the motor when I dropped the clutch.

Other than that I wouldnt be as concerned with who can do it, I would be more concerned on who has the most power and their car doesnt do it. They will whoop you in a race every time. Just like BlizagaXx said, you chirp or spin when he grabs, he wins. Not you. My sugestion is if your into racing and making your tires cry then dont do it for money cause you will be giving up alot of it in the future cause you want to show off. fing02.gif
Old 08-05-2007, 08:47 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

i did sometimes i was even able to chrip 4th, but rarely. this was when my car was in it's prime.
obx 4-2-1 headers, KRD midsection, HKS rearsection, Spec stage 1 clutch, obx light wieght crank pulley, NGK wires and iridium plugs, arrospeed coilovers, 1.8l cam, AEM cai. on stock 14 alloys running Michelin Pilots.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:39 AM

ok purple, i didnt ask this to be lectured by a bunch of people.... i know how to drive, trust me. i realize its just a show thing, but please stop posting off topic. i asked a simple question with guidelines of what parts you had when you could do it and you did not do either. so if you would like to reply pleas stick to the guidlines of my thread