Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Where to use Seafoam on a 2000 Tiburon

Old 03-20-2011, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Where to use Seafoam on a 2000 Tiburon

Hey my 2000 Tiburon is running a little rough and not getting good gas mileage so I figured I would try some Seafoam in my engine. I know you are supposed to use a vacuum line to apply Seafoam but I don't know much about engines and don't know where my vacuum lines are or how to access them. I have also heard that you can use the brake booster but I don't know what line to use from there either. I would really appreciate pictures, details, and recommendations on where and how to do this properly. Also I probably won't be using it in the crankcase because I recently changed my oil. And yes i did try a search in the forums but it came up with so many results that I couldn't find what I am looking for. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-20-2011, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tibby

ifs not nothing major pour 1/3rd in gas tank with only about a gallon of gas and 1/3rd in your oil run your car revving often for about 15 minutes and BAM! lol i also suggest changing oil after about 100 miles.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

For us, it is best to just put it in the oil, and in the gas tank. Using the brake booster, will only put the seafoam through the number one cyclinder. As the booster feeds off the fitting on the number one runner on the intake manifold.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

hmm i always used the brake booster but i didnt know it only did the #1 cylindar. is there another way to feed thru manifold possibly thru IAC or some other vaccum??
Old 03-20-2011, 09:42 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You don't use SeaFoam after you change your oil, you use it as a thinner right before you change your oil. It helps to remove the oil from the sides of the walls and break up deposits.

It's easiest to put it into the IAC port on the elbow of the intake. The IAC feeds into the center of the manifold. It's your best choice.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Yep^^^ I never ran seafoam in the intake mani. I also thought about the IAC but If you ever looked into it, I wouldnt feed anyting through it lol. MAybe if you let the car run, and had some kind of spray bottle, and could just spray it into the Manifold but that would mean spraying it through the Maf and probably wouldnt work nearly the right way!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:12 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It works fine. You can spray it with some silicon lube if you are worried about its lubrication after seafoam. Ive run it through my iac and the only iac peoblems i have ever had is an unrelated connector issue.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Mine came in an aerosol can. I took off the intake elbow connected to my throttle body and sprayed the inside of my intake manifold really well (held open the butterfly valve). Let it sit for a few minutes to foam up then started the car. Let it run and sprayed a little more in there as it ran. Helped a bit, but wasn't wildly noticeable (unlike the AutoRX which gave me about a 4mpg increas within one oil change!).

A bit of white smoke, but nothing that lasted too long.