Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Where Did It Go?

Old 03-24-2006, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really suggest locktite when you replace those bolts.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:37 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Is it possible that the chunk of metal that was never found got thrown in the bell housing? I was worried about that..

After looking at it again, I realize that the part that cracked (the top) still had the bolt there, so my starter's been working on only one bolt (top) for awhile this means. The bottom one has been completely gone for who knows how long. So it just snapped eventually because only the top bolt was holding it on, too much strain.

What's Locktite??

Would it be ok to get a smaller bolt that is threaded all the way through and just tighten it down good? (only for a week)

oh yeah..
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>during one of my many explosions..</div>owned.gif lol
Old 03-25-2006, 03:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

locktite is a brandname. what locktite and other brands like it do is keep your bolt from moving from regular stress after you've tightened it down. you put it on the thread of the bolt and/or nut. makes it harder, but not impossible to crack loose when you need to take it off too. i think of it as if you were putting superglue on the threads before you tighten the bolt down.