Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Wheel Hop

Old 03-09-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tibby
Default Wheel Hop

I've noticed when taking off under hard power I notice alot of wheel hop. Is it my take off technique or is there a part i can buy to help reduce it beside a full suspension setup?
Old 03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

can be part technique, but its also common.

are you NA or turbo?

you could get some poly engine mounts to help with the hop or one of the bandaid torque dampers. im not a fan of the torque dampers though, id go for poly front/rear engine(roll stop) mounts should help alot with wheel hop.

custom traction bars would also help, but probably not necessary especially if you are NA and aren't racing..

may i ask when you are doing all these 'hard power take offs' ?

a suspension setup (struts and springs) is relatively cheap and will also help.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tibby

^^what he said

more than likely a little both but non-LSD doesnt help or bad mounts or a stock suspension...wider tires will actually help a little to
Old 03-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

With a car that's already light, and then you lighten the front by accelerating, wheel hop on an old daily-driver suspension that was worn out 3 years ago is to be expected. You can set up your suspension with $$$$ worth of parts to make it better, but you can't get past the part where you are unloading the drive wheels when you accelerate hard. Unless you want some wheelie bars.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tibby

That's the next big ricer thing. Every kid with a beat up Honda is gonna have wheelie bars. Lmao I can see it now