Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Whats The Most Common Intake Manifold For Our 2.0s?

Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

I think he means we need a standalone because it looks like these would get rid of the maf sensor.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:00 PM

damn well ill see if he can work around MAFs.
are all the IMs yall use MAF based.
to the guy moving to FL, we need to hook up.
itll be in somones best intrest, anyone with a damn IM laying around that would like some well priced ITBs, needs to PM me and get this rolling, i just got off the phone with him, hes just kicking back and waitng for my reply.
Chase
im here to help, not bash
Old 09-20-2007, 01:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rollwitstyle @ Sep 20 2007, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>make it, dyno it, test it and show some numbers. nonone wants to buy a product if the numbers are not there. if you show good gains, i garentee people will buy it. shit i think i would def. buy it if the gains are right.</div>

I second that. But everyone is and always will be nervous about sending parts or money to someone we don't know, for something that hasn't been built yet.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 PM

guys its a IM, i mean really, i have 3 delta ones sitting in my garage.
i understand the concern, BUT ima long standing WELL respected,perfect seller buyer feedback member of NT for near 4 years.
if i say ill deliver, ill deliver.
REDZMAN, please PM me with the cost of the im and shipping,
ill tell you right now, I WONT pay for the IM, it serves me no good, ill pay for its shipping and maybe a little extra as a thanks.
but this is mainly for you guys.
i guess i need to contact him to see if he can work around mafs or relocate them on the im in the intake stream.
but again whoever sends out the iM to get this started is the one whos trying to get these going, not me, im just a middle man, my job is to make sure he gets it (the ITB guy) when it is delieverd to my house, THEN its up to me to keep him on it and make sure it gets done in a timely manner, hell even keep up with progress pics.
ALSO ill be asking and polling HOW you huys want the im to look.
there are limitations around this as i have to work of the MINIMAL requirements for him to produce a working ITB setup, but im sure there will be areas that well have a say in for its final production
these will be made at a 1 time rate,
basically once its made he will only produce for the IM that he has in hand (a return basis)
Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

PM Sent
Old 09-20-2007, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If I still had the IM i sent out to the last guy I would do it. Id like to see a nice IM also though without ITBs. Would be awesome to go with my turbo setup. Otherwise Ill be making my own
Old 09-20-2007, 04:52 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I've got an extra IM that I would gladly donate to you, however, with what has happened in the past, and with things said in the past about ITB's on our RDs, I would like a little more info first.

And by not doing your research, what I meant was...
Did you know that the last 2 guys that were going to make us IM's were scam artists and stole parts from members that donated them?
Did you know that there IS an ITB setup for our RDs, but that it is insanely expensive?
Did you know that (supposedly) the ITB setup on our cars are super difficult to tune, and are considered not streetable?
etc..

I would have thought that if you were serious about this, you would have found things like that out, and addressed them in your posts. You didn't even know that all 97-01 RDs use the same IM. I would have thought that if this was the real deal, you would have acted like you cared, and WANTED to know this stuff.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I would hate to see what happens to this community if we have ANOTHER scammer, or ANOTHER deal that falls through. Over half the members on here won't even DO group buys anymore..

So forgive me if I'm skeptical.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:07 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ShrkByt05 @ Sep 20 2007, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>it can easily be made with OR without the secondary rail

and WHY do you need a standalone to run ITBs, itll be ram off the same TPS that comes on the IM, neither the hondas or nissans that he does need standalones, they usually use larger injectors a pump and a fuel tuner (apexi) to get the tune on, now that you are running a increase in air velocity and amount.

im assuming that the sensors you have on the IM are (TPS, IAT,AIC)
can someone plaese caonfirm the sensors on the IM.
Thanks</div>

Well, there is no way to run without the MAF unless you convert to standalone or upgrade to the beta2 ecu and MAP sensor and send it out to Korea for the tune. On the IM you only have the IAC, but in the intake pipe you have the MAF and IAT.

If you could produce these so that they can either fit beneath or around a conventional strut bar that would be nice too, so that people don't run into the same problem they did with the AIRRAM
Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 AM

I would rather have a different style manifold for my turbo setup if i keep.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:24 PM

alright i have a doner, ill also find out whats up with the MAF (if hes worked on similar setups in the past)
i did not know all these things until you told me, sorry to here about the scam artists here.
thats no good to hurt fellow members.
i will get back to you and see what he says on the MAF issue, if he says he cant work around it then i guess this will drop dead here (hmmm how does the insanly expensive one work then)
he can also fab so ill ask him about the possibility of a sheetmetal IM.
so thier is a way if you run the MAP setup.
and you also said the IAT is in the tubing (before the TB??)
zoned your more then welcome to be sceptical, hell after everything youve said i would be too and ill take that to heart (i dont know this sites history but im not intrested in 4banger IMs, OR ripping people off for that matter)
lets see what he tells me and ill let yall know.
can anyone tell me ANY information on the current VERY exspensive ITB setup (like can you spot the location of certain sensors or anything that would help me in getting the nessecary info to my fab guy)
Chase