Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Whats The Most Common Intake Manifold For Our 2.0s?

Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

But when racing most people elect to go filterless. same with turbo's
Old 09-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

this would be nice to see. good luck!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Nex

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Sep 19 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>But when racing most people elect to go filterless. same with turbo's</div>

ohh
that makes much more sense, thnx, still a bit pricey though.

If this guy can provide, with good pricing, this is a possible upgrade.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

There are also filters that are designed to cover all of the TBs. A mate of mine had a K&N one on his civic.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:07 PM

heed like the hyundai communtiy to much if he found out he could charge 1800+ for some damn ITBs, but if yall wanna spend that much them be my guest.
he charges like 700 with velocity stacks, secondary fuel rail, tps sensor and vacuume system.
pretty damn decent if you ask me.
i mean its not like thier is some kid with a damn IM sitting around collecting dust.
Chase

to all you worried about price PLEASE read the link through.
the guy is charging around 700-800 for EVERYthing.
he wont overcharge just cause i said so, hes not like that, i could tell him he could sell them for 1000 just to give him more cash, but im not like that, i like to help my hyundai brethren out....
CHase
whenever yall feel like getting the ball rolling on some NICE (look at his work) resonably priced ITBs then someone will PM with the details and ill send them the cost to ship it, AND to make sure yall know im legit, i own a V6, me stealing this from a member here would not be worth the weight of the aluminum even if i melted it, it would though make a good jetski anchor.lol
Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 PM

Vehicle: car

Err, dude, thanks for the help and all, but could you quit bashing our "Four Bangers"?

That aside, sounds like a very nice deal. I was actually just about to post in the wanted section for an intake manifold. I was going to port and polish one and match it to the BBTB I am getting, but if this works out for a good price, who knows!

Thanks for the info mang!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The only price anyone was complaining about here was the price of the one I posted man.

You might have a V6, but you read like you ride a bike.

smile.gif

Enough of the b****ing folks. EVERYONE.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:47 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX

Would we need a secondary fuel rail?? or could we just upgrade the main injectors. Also another thing to realize is that we would have to run a full standalone, so thats another chunk of cash ontop of the cost of the itbs. But if he could make a decent set for $700-$800 it would be nice.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:09 AM

to clarify that WAS NOT bashing OUR four bangers.
im just trying to explain that im not going to STEAL someones IM as i dont even drive one (at this point)
bashing your four banger would go somthing like this
"ur POS engine isnt worth the metal that those koreans sweep up off the floor and smelt down to make ur heads (dissing the quality of the metal)
my honda B16 with its whopping 130hp will own ju cause of da VTEC"
that would be bashing.
how am i gonna bash someones engine when i drive the same quality of build but just adding 2 pistons, that makes no sense.
bashing???
no that was mearly a jab, a jest to have some fun. lighten up, i think yall have taken to much flak from OTHER people bashing your motors (our)
and have become to aggressive with the finger pointing, and quick with the excuses. i drive a hyundai as well, how am i gonna bash you if i drive the same thing, redundant.
im here to help, please read my post with a little lighthearted ness.
Thanks
Chase

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (supry @ Sep 20 2007, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Would we need a secondary fuel rail?? or could we just upgrade the main injectors. Also another thing to realize is that we would have to run a full standalone, so thats another chunk of cash ontop of the cost of the itbs. But if he could make a decent set for $700-$800 it would be nice.</div>
it can easily be made with OR without the secondary rail

and WHY do you need a standalone to run ITBs, itll be ram off the same TPS that comes on the IM, neither the hondas or nissans that he does need standalones, they usually use larger injectors a pump and a fuel tuner (apexi) to get the tune on, now that you are running a increase in air velocity and amount.

im assuming that the sensors you have on the IM are (TPS, IAT,AIC)
can someone plaese caonfirm the sensors on the IM.
Thanks
Old 09-20-2007, 10:14 AM

make it, dyno it, test it and show some numbers. nonone wants to buy a product if the numbers are not there. if you show good gains, i garentee people will buy it. shit i think i would def. buy it if the gains are right.