Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Whats The Most Common Intake Manifold For Our 2.0s?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend that runs his own shop and happens to make ITBs for a living (all attached to a TPS, pimpin shit)
im trying to borrow the MOST COMMON IM that is used on this site as a prototype to see what he can come up with.
if anyone has a IM that damn near everyone used, id like to pay to have it shipped to FL and give it to my friend, i can link you to his work if the intrest is their, he is currently making them for H22A and KA24 Itbs as thats our biggest market in FL. i told him of a possibly untapped market and his intrest is their.
a side not, if this goes through itll see completion, he gets paid to fab, while hes at it, hes gonna mock up a sheet metal IM.
so who has a IM just laying around??
is their differences in IM for different motors (4 banger)?
or can we all get by on one style.
THanks
post up, and ill work on linking you to his work.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

the most common is the airram which is no longer made. infact it was the only aftermarket intake manifold made. the rest bore, port and polish their OEM intake manifold which is the best solution but may involve a lot of trouble.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 PM

http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/showthr...;highlight=ITBs
he lives down the street, his work is top notch and ran all around the orlando street scene.
check it out, hes sending me more pics as we speak.
all ran by tps!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Sep 19 2007, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>the most common is the airram which is no longer made. infact it was the only aftermarket intake manifold made. the rest bore, port and polish their OEM intake manifold which is the best solution but may involve a lot of trouble.</div>
i need a STOCK STOCK STOCK IM guys not a aftermarket one.
the most common STCOK one is the one i need to get this ball rolling, i know SOMEONE has one laying in the garage.

EDIT:::
also comes with the ITBs is a fully fabricated secondary fual rail, really badass shit this guy does, ive seen his work, it amazing.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:53 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

The most common intake manifold? They're all the same, dude. That one you see on your car when you pop the hood? All 1.8/2.0 Canadian/US tibs have that one. Go to a junkyard, find any 97-01 tib, and pull the IM from it. Or give him yours. After what has happened in the past, I doubt you'll find anyone willing to ship their IM out. Plus, has he even looked under the hood of your car yet? Does he have an IDEA of how he's going to make ITB's work on a tib? How many sets does he need to make/sell in order for it to be profitable?

You are rushing into this, and you clearly haven't done your research.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:25 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

same as the TB on the elantra.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zoned019 @ Sep 19 2007, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The most common intake manifold? They're all the same, dude. That one you see on your car when you pop the hood? All 1.8/2.0 Canadian/US tibs have that one. Go to a junkyard, find any 97-01 tib, and pull the IM from it. Or give him yours. After what has happened in the past, I doubt you'll find anyone willing to ship their IM out. Plus, has he even looked under the hood of your car yet? Does he have an IDEA of how he's going to make ITB's work on a tib? How many sets does he need to make/sell in order for it to be profitable?

You are rushing into this, and you clearly haven't done your research.</div>
to zoned, i drive a delta hommie, im one of the guys with a 400hp delta.
dont tell me im rushing into this, i dont own 4 bangers.force of habbit.
look at his work in the link, he does it FOR A LIVING, like gets paid to do this shit, just making sure you get it.
he is a fabrication guy, he does this in his sleep.
and itll be profitable to whoever is the one guy who sends me thier im laying on the floor of thier garage.
they probably will get a ITB manifold for about 300bucks.
save it guy, its clear to me YOU WONT be the one getting this done.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

So you are wanting a OEM IM for the Beta 1 so you can have someone make ITB's?

http://www.haywardperformance.com/intake.htm#hyundai

Like the one in that link?

What kind of pricing would we be looking at?

Getting you some IM's isn't a problem, hit me up via IM or PM if you have some pricing info, I can easily get you a IM or a few of them.

ITB's have been available for us for some time, the problem is, they are frigging OUTRAGEOUSLY priced, and RANDOM had everyone so worried about the streetability of them, and constant tuning is supposedly needed.

I'd love to know more.

PSC in Australia has them too I believe.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Pff, i have an IM in my garage and am about a week away from moving to Florida (Tampa)

tell me what could be easier. lol lmao.gif
Old 09-19-2007, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Sep 20 2007, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>http://www.haywardperformance.com/intake.htm#hyundai</div>
Mmmm... that looks sweet. Very pricey though. How can they justify the cost?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Sep 20 2007, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>PSC in Australia has them too I believe.</div>
PSC don't do sh!t these days. Bretton's ruffled a few feathers in recent months. Last I heard he'd gone AWOL. Many of the Aussie guys are PISSED at him.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Nex

i've always wondered, these open IMs, are they a smart move?
i mean the air that comes in doesn't get filtered right? wouldnt that be a problem?
someone shed some light on this please.