Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

What are my chances??? - Please help

Old 06-24-2002, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner
Default What are my chances??? - Please help

Ok, here's the deal, I have been searching and searching here in MIAMI for a 5-speed transmission to swap into my baby, but I have not had any luck doing so...

Now with the news of new sponsors and TF&TF2, I need to get the turbo done quicker than I thought... the car will be needed for approximately 2 weeks by the shop that is gonna do the work, they will take every second to make sure it's A OK... My question is:

what are my chances of doing the turbo now??? with the auto tranny w/o torque converter and once I get and find the 5-speed swapping it... would I need to run it at 5 psi or something ridiculously low like 2 psi like Summer had???

thanks in advance
Old 06-24-2002, 06:35 AM

IMO - You might be better off with a level-ten torque converter.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:43 AM

I don't want to go thru the major hassle of trying something that's still unproven... and I have to have my car down for 1 week waiting on the part, and stuff... plus I really am dying for a 5 speed...
Old 06-24-2002, 06:43 AM

i agree

youll spend almost the same amount of money,...and youll keep the luxury of having an automatic

Make sure you get a tranny cooler as well.

As far as summers car,... i think her car is a paperweight,... im not sure on that though

I highly doubt her car can even keep up at highway speed

GOOD LUCK
May the force be with you
Always
wink

BTW,... make sure you get the torque converter BEFORE you get the turbo

You want that suckas tuning to also reflect the power gained from the built tranny
Old 06-24-2002, 06:46 AM

OUCH you are in a pickle..

WELL either way you said you have what 2 weeks..

I assume thats only 10 days work time..

$$$$$$$$$$$ IS ALL i GOTTA Say.. If you can't find a tranny then level 10 is your only option.. As for the turbo.. I bet you can get a shop to get it done in a week but itll cost alot to do..

Thats running 5-8.. I am betting you don't have time to do a block tear down and build up again with this amount of time..

IF you do MAN you should rent yourself.

Thats my .02 But ehhh I could be wrong.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:57 AM

na it's kewl, I'm being partially sponsored by the shop, and they will do it for $2,500.00, not including tuning, which I must do separately... See if UFB would trust me, I would buy their stage 1, unfortunately they don't anymore... not my fault I promise you guys... but I don't think their kit was ready anyways... oh well I will try my last resource, if I can get the tranny from PA for $600 including shipping then I will...

Well if someone in FLORIDA knows of a JUNKYARD that has the trannies please help me out, Edwin and I are willing to drive overthere and pick it all up... thanks
Old 06-24-2002, 07:19 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster

Hey Bat, try using www.car-parts.com This is an internet based search engine for used parts. They actually list all the places with addresses that HAVE the parts your looking for. EXCELLENT SITE!!!!!!!!

Hope
Old 06-24-2002, 07:44 AM

hey batlord,... if you come to los angeles ill find one for you wink
I wanna see that turbo sucka run
smile.gif
Old 06-24-2002, 07:48 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I was looking around here for a Tiburon in the junk yards. The manager of the yard searched and found a 2001 Tiburon in Mobile, Al. I think the name of the yard was something like Modern auto recycling, or something similar.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:24 AM

there was this place online claled the junk-yard-hot-line.com

but I cannot seem to find it now. for $6.00 they called like a couple hundred junk yards in the US. and find me all my parts.

also, how you dealing with emissions issues in your state with a turbo and removing a cat