Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

What exactly does a SAFC 2 do?

Old 12-09-2004, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: My New SAFCII Mount (56k LOL!!!!)

^^^^^^^ Makes sense now. So either way I have to get that 2nd o2 sensor to read right.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Re: 97 & 99 Tiburon part out

Is there anyway to change it from an closed loop to an open loop ????
Old 12-09-2004, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Adults only?

Everything is possible, but you have to consider compromise. I am pretty sure you would loose OBDII if you change it to an open loop, and bye bye emissions aproval...
If you don't need to have your car emissions tested, you could, BUT I don't know if theres any chip or ECU swap that directly bolts on to the Bosch ECU that US cars have. As Rick from Real Engineering said, all other countries use Siemens ECU from 1995 and on.
You could change your ECU for a Siemens unit and then you could go to open loop, but it would be like what? A grand?
Cost effectively I don't know if it makes sense to convert to an open loop, but open or close loop, you still could get the benefits of an upgraded ECU.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:45 PM

Default Re: FS: Sony 10" Subs,Sony 1000W amp,and 2Frd Cap.*UPDA

if your car is made before 2004 then it goes into OPEN LOOP at wide open throttle.

a SMT-6 can be used instead of an SAFC to modify the map/maf signal as WELL as the O2 sensor so it doesnt "learn around it:

in closed loop mode with an SAFC you are still at the computer's mercy... you just have to get over it... however you can use the SAFC for adjusting your wide open throttle settings...

and who really cares about 2 or 3 horse power with only 25% of the pedal depressed? that is an asinine question to me tongue.gif

federal emission laws make it so all 2005 cars *and most 2004* run in "closed loop" mode at all times until the check engine light is on sad.gif

just fyi

http://www.apexi-usa.com/documentation.asp will answer all your SAFC needs...