Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

What do you think about this "+20hp M-modchip"

Old 07-09-2004, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i cant give you a url because my computer is gay and i think my laptop has a virus(cant use internet). but i can give you the ebay item number #7910260983
They claim that you plug it in to your ecu and it gives you 20hp. it also says it doesnt hurt your car. i was figuring that it either doesnt work or it does work and its bad for your car. so i decided to see what you guys think.

if you guys think its legit ill get it for 10-20 bucks...

i tried to put an image on here but i cant figure it out. there is an image button but it just writes [img][/img]. i looked it up but it told me to use bbcode and idont know what that is but im thinking that since it said public accessible websever im guessing it wanted the exact address inbetween the [img] things. but that wouldnt help me because i dont have the exact url on my comp right now. if anybody cares ill elaborate later. i think this is long and confusing enough so ill just end it now. sorry about the long ass post
Old 07-09-2004, 11:16 PM

Do search
it's a resistor.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:23 PM

yup... resistor... no it wont hurt your car, all it does is trick your ecu into thinking there is colder air moving into the engine... it is basically just a rip off dude.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:49 PM

Don't do it! This is a rip off. The only chip that I have found for our cars is the one that they sell at www.powerchipgroup.com. It is rather expensive, but it might be worth the investment. The one on e-bay is not worth it!
Old 07-10-2004, 09:26 AM

The majority of things on ebay are a rip off.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:21 PM

i wouldnt go as far as saying that... but yes some things are a rip off. you just have to read the fine print most times and research the feedback of the seller.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:33 PM

Default Re: *EBAY ALERT!!* RD FULL INTERIOR CARPET, Brand New!

it's a rip off...it can help performance but the resistor chip they sell is usally 1 ohm resistor...tiburons need a higher ohm resitor i believe it's inbetween 5-10...not sure can't remember the ohm specs on our air temp sensors. The resistor plugs into your air tem sensor trickin the ecu into thinking it's 35 degrees out side. When it's really hot the ecu will retard timing...this resistor keeps the ecu from retarding the timing. Now you if you still want to do this... look up the hyundai webtech and found out what the ohm load is at 35 degrees...go to radio shack buy the right resistor and plug it into your airtemp sensor and leave it out of the intake. the resistors are like a buck a piece.