Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Weird Problem...

Old 12-03-2005, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I will replace it as soon as I get the bearings. thanks for the info.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OzFxCoupe @ Dec 4 2005, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Go to a local wreckers (it's a junkyard where they pull cars apart) & but a rear wheel-hub assembly off a 2.0L Coupe/Tiburon or even Elantra... Then just swap the whole thing over. It should cost you less than $100 all up fing02.gif

Or maybe try to get in touch with one of the Greek members... I'm sure they know where to buy stuff for our cars.</div>

We mostly have the 1.6L version here. No way to find hyundais in a junkyard, to give you an idea there are like only 15 tiburons in my city and most of them 2nd gen !!

I registered to the greek forums but they ask for your phone number so they can give you a call before they activate your account. They gave me a call and they told that they will do activate me but I haven't received any email of them or anything. Maybe the german members of the rd can help me out with this.

Btw how you know that Cyprus is related to Greece?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Go to Autozone. I replaced ALL my bearings when I upgraded the suspension and brakes. Autozone have Timkin I believe, and they are only 45.00 USD a side! They only sell one kind of hub assembly, the one with the sprocket lookin thing for ABS, but it doesn't matter if you have ABS or not, should still work. Also, not sure if you have drums or not or if that even matters. I have discs in the back and the hub assembly was a piece of cake to do, and I am, by far, no mechanic. Dont sweat it and do not pay someone 300.00 to do something that will only take you about an hour to do. If you can jack your car up and take a wheel off, you can do this.

Well...what year Tib you have? Mine is a 99 and I believe I have non-captive rotors. Probably why it was so easy to do. Only two tiny screws holding the rotor to the hub. Yours may be different. Let us know what year you have. If you have the captive rotors, that may be a diffeent story for bearings and hubs. I dont know anything about captive setup on the Tibs. I'll let the other brotha's take it from here.

I will be doing a diy on replacing the rear hub assembly (with bearings)soon. Maybe I'll get my lazy ass to do it tonight for ya! fing02.gif
Good luck with it.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:44 PM

^ thanks man. I have a 2000 2nd gen with abs and disc (I don't know anything about captive and non-captive rotors, sorry).
Old 12-03-2005, 08:50 PM

Dude, you should be fine then! I'll try to get that DIY up today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow since I plan on getting, well, how should I put it, sloshed tonight!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:19 AM

What is the link of the autozone website, www. autozone .com?

If is that then is asking for zip code and since I'm not from usa I can't buy anything.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:21 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

go to a LOCAL parts store then

autozone has them for cheap your stores might have them
Old 12-04-2005, 12:23 PM

Do what faith suggested. You might get one cheaper at a local parts store. Then, let us know how much they are in USD. If autozone is cheaper here, maybe one of us can pick one up for you and get it shipped out for you. Remember to figure in shipping to figure out what will be the best option for you to do.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2pacalypse @ Dec 4 2005, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No way to find hyundais in a junkyard, to give you an idea there are like only 15 tiburons in my city...</div>
That's a shame... Surely at least one person's crashed one wink1.gif j/k

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2pacalypse @ Dec 4 2005, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Btw how you know that Cyprus is related to Greece?</div>
Because Cyprus is off the Greek coast, isn't it?
Old 12-04-2005, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Hyundai bearings suck.

Get the NON-OEM part from your local auto parts store, or autozone, or wherever. Just don't get OEM again.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:33 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibbytib @ Dec 4 2005, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Do what faith suggested. You might get one cheaper at a local parts store. Then, let us know how much they are in USD. If autozone is cheaper here, maybe one of us can pick one up for you and get it shipped out for you. Remember to figure in shipping to figure out what will be the best option for you to do.</div>

With shipping.. I would guesstimate about $120 USD.. perhaps cheaper.