Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Weight reduction info!

Old 12-09-2004, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Redzmans Birthday - Dec 9th

The AirRam is quite a bit heavier than the stock intake manifold. This is simply because of the size difference. As for removing the sound deadeners...... I had the trunk flooring out when I was installing my stereo and sirius. Had to go to the store to pick up some bolts. OMG I will never do that again without putting the floor back in. At one time I have a test pipe on the car and it was loud as all hell but this totally did not even compare. It made my freakin ears ring for about 30 minutes when I got home. Never again laugh.gif
Old 12-09-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Re: My New SAFCII Mount (56k LOL!!!!)

C/F intake manifold would be very impressive, though...for F/I, you'll need to have it withstand the pressure. I'd personally use an aluminum honeycomb over the Nomex honeycomb....or just an epoxy resin with C/F. The Nomex honeycomb provides unparallelled stiffness (if you apply a torsional force to it), but it's strength can be compromised if poorly constructed. You could use kevlar as well.

I'm just thinking on a realistic scale, where weight reduction will make a much more significant difference on your car. Personally, I'd strip the car and add more welds to the chassis, to make it stronger, and then lay up the interior with C/F.

I almost forgot...windshield glass. Lexan is usually used in replacing the stock glass, but it scratches easily. Another possibility is finding something similar to Lexan, but the glass would be coated/produced with some sort of polycarbonate.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Bright blue bmwbenz headlights

I wouldn't touch the windshield.. but the side and rear glass is fair game.
As for a C/F hood not being lighter if it is not true c/f... I think even the c/f glassfibre hoods are lighter than stock
Old 12-22-2004, 08:58 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Hard to Believe

My RD2 hood seems to weigh about 40lbs, but my dad's Evo's hood weighs about 5lbs, its a thin piece of metal problably alluinmum.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: AEM CAI starting at $20

Well, I don't agree with the hood info that said they don't make a difference.

My stock hood weighs something like 45 pounds.

My REDZ MAKO FG hood weighs about 20.