Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Wdymtw: 9-20-2008

Old 09-22-2008, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well it's been awhile since RedZman has done one of these, so I figured I'd start this one. This is the what-did-you-mod-this-weekend for the Sept. 20 weekend!

I got a ported & polished IM from Compact Divisions a couple months ago, but never got the spacer material for it. Well I finally got a refund from him and ordered the real phenolic spacers from Outlaw Engineering. They got here on Friday, so Saturday I finally installed it all!
I found the inside of the IM was still a little rough, so I took it to get sandblasted. They did a pretty nice job, especially on the outside, but it wasn't too much smoother. Oh well, I think it was worth it. Since I had a brand new intake manifold, I didn't want it getting all nasty due to the oil going through our breather valve (mine puts through a ton of oil, it even dribbles down and covers the MAF (not the sensor, just the casing). So to prevent that, I installed a catch can. It was just an oil/water separator from Harbor Freight, and I'm not sure if it will work properly, but it's a start.
So this weekend I've got:
P&P IM
Phenolic spacers
Catch can

And you?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I wasn't too productive, got what was described as a cai off ebay, it wasn't even close to something that would fit on our cars, so I didn't get to install that. drillsergeant.gif Other than that I pulled the front bumper off and did the clear corner conversion and polished up my lenses real nice.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I thought that folks were tired of these threads, so I kinda stopped doing them. Feel free to keep it up though.

I'll post what I've done recently to the car.

1. Rubbing compound on the entire car with my buffer, helped restore the paint some, but not enough.

2. VHR 4 Puck Racing Clutch/Pressure Plate/Flywheel/TOB/axle seals installed. And the world rejoiced. I absolutely love my car.

3. Flushed the trannies old Redline MT 90 (20K miles on it) with fresh fluid.

4. Replaced the collapsed hosing on my catc cans with goodyear fuel hose, very nice, doesn't collapse.

5. Reinstalled my engine damper, oh how I missed the...

6. Polished my exhaust tip.

7. Installed my new XM receiver (Xpress RC) and wired it to my Alpine with one of those CD Changer cables. You know, you plug it into the CD changer plug in the back, and you can basically can hook up any audio source to it? Yeah, tis nice, did it all, and it works GREAT.

8. Fixed my alarm antenna.

9. Started the KDM badging of the Sorento.

10. Got the Sorento tinted to 20% all around.

11. Installed Panavise indash mounts on the Sorento and Tiburon. VERY nice, expect pics soon, they'll be for sale through KFX performance soon.

12. Touched up my paint with my OEM paint pen.

I think that's about it.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

My goodness Red! You've been busy! Here I thought putting an IM was big work, but you're out to change the world! LOL

I do enjoy these threads, I sorta feel bad starting a thread every time I do a simple little mod, so these help keep that in check. It's also an easier way to get other people to post what they've done recently.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:10 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I've been slacking this weekend.... Sorry guys.

1. engine dampers

recent mod:

1. tinted corners and markers http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/D...-16-08_0904.jpg
Old 09-23-2008, 06:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Sep 22 2008, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My goodness Red! You've been busy! Here I thought putting an IM was big work, but you're out to change the world! LOL

I do enjoy these threads, I sorta feel bad starting a thread every time I do a simple little mod, so these help keep that in check. It's also an easier way to get other people to post what they've done recently.</div>

Well, the ABQ BBQ is coming up, and you know how it is, once that engine bay is open or the dash is opened up, you want do do as much as you can. All of these were over the last 2 weekends too, I'm leaving off the last few things we've done to the Sorento, and my BBK/Brake Line/Painted Calipers I did for the Tib, or the complete replacement of all the CCFL lighting in my car with LED strips from Paul McCain.

LOL

I did forget a few.

13. Replaced my licence plate bulbs with 194 LED bulbs from Paul McCain.

14. Cleaned my dryflow AEM filter with the AEM cleaning kit (why isn't our dryflow white like others?).

15. Removed the last of the Kspec CF badges from my car.

I know I'm forgetting something.

I like these threads as they seem to motivate others to actually work on their cars and install the parts they have sitting in their house. And I do agree, the IM, at least the first time, is a ROYAL PITA.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:49 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

well i have not done nothing from the 20th but on the 19th i did...

1. Paint my brackets for engine damper (black)

2. Uninstalled my sokie hood lifts

3. installed my engine damper

thats about it....right now I'm researching about my supension setup...so modding for me is on a hold for a little bit
Old 09-23-2008, 08:14 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

i did a lot of body work this past weekend. I also replaced the head gaskets in my brothers 4.0L Jeep just to prove to him it wasn't a gasket that was causing the leak but instead a cylinder problem that was causing a gasket to blow which caused a leak. Ehh, wasted effort on the Jeep but my Tiburon is looking much better then it was.

I also started fiberglassing my spare tire which I keep adding a layer to each night so by Friday it should be thick enough!

Strike- I think you may be one of the first to get that IM from Compact Divisions. How is that intake manifold? Did you notice much gains?

Mwood- Let me know when you plan on doing your suspension. I already did mine and I have all the tools including spring compressors so I can help if you want.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:18 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

^^^

i already have struts and springs done...what im talking about is sway bars and endlinks and some other stuff...so i can take corners like crazy
Old 09-23-2008, 09:35 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

i'd like to be able to afford the same soon