Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Wdymtw? 4 April 2007

Old 04-04-2007, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Redz, I see you've got the GK dead pedal in your tib. Looks awesome. I just picked one up to go with my GK pedals, and it looks like I'm gonna have to mod it. How did you install it, did you have to cut it down at all?

So I picked up the Gk pedal, as well as:

NGK Iridium plugs
PRD purple wrap plug wires
Synthetic oil change
Driver's side wiper arm to repaint

and Im waiting to hear back from a guy about struts and lowering springs. Yes, I will finally lower my car, and its gonna be a 2" drop. I never thought Id see the day.

I also started porting/polishing my head but havent gotten that far due to school....

and I finally fixed my sunglasses holder, got a new one from teh junkyard and finally the door lights work again...

and I think thats it for now. Gotta start bodywork soon.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

me..... um fixed my truck. then broke it again. ummmm changed oil in tib. trieds finding a job. was told my arm is no longer operatable. yep that bout sums it up
Old 04-04-2007, 09:12 PM

Vehicle: 1997 RD Tiburon

This month so far I've had the car repaired from the damage at the rear. I repainted the GT Wing uprights and hatch mounts gloss black from the dull black powdercoat, the holes in the middle of the hatch for the original spoiler have been filled, I've also debaged the rear bumper of the 'Hyundai Coupe FX' decals.

Engine wise I have removed the Intake resonators, love the sound at WOT. I'm also going to buy PSC's Stage 2 4-1 Headers with mandrel bent engine pipe and flex pipe, I've got a nasty hole in the current engine pipe that sounds absolutly horrible.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

RedZ, thanks for the tip on the plugs, i thought it was something like that, but wasn't exactly sure...
Instead of making new posts of the interesting or helpful information, I was thinking of making another post at the end of each interesting or useful thread with a bunch of search keywords. That way when people search for stuff, those specific posts will show up. There's a lot of information out there that doesn't show up when you search, simply because it doesn't have the right words in it, and it can get frustrating for the newbie searchers... Yeah, I'd be bumping a ton of really old threads, but we'd simply lock them or let them die again.
But I'm way OT here, PM me if this sounds like something we'd be interested in having done, I'd be up for it.

This weekend seemed to be the time to get PRDs! cool.gif Didn't get a chance to install mine tonight, either tomorrow or Monday mad.gif

And I do like this WDYMTW thread thing, but I might suggest having it as a WDYMTM (what did you mod this month). It's been around a month since the last thread, and I really doubt people are modding something new every week. The advantage of a weekend thread would be shorter posts, but they might get kinda repetitive after awhile. So we do need some sort of thread, frequency of it is up for debate...

Edit:
Aust_RD, that spoiler is illegal, it's an air traffic hazard!!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Over the past couple weekends I did...

SAFC II
OBX 4-2-1 headers
magnaflow hi flow cat
O2 sensor extentions
oil change
Seafoam via vaccum line

Thats about it...

Waiting to get installed are
OBX Adjustable cam spocket and OBX underdrive/overdrive pullies

saving more money for

BBTB, wideband, lowering springs/shocks, 1.8L intake cam
Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 PM

I got mine installed tonight! I dremeled out the inside of the little clips to fit the wires and now they fit perfectly. I did a quick clean of the engine bay, didn't have time to really detail it.

The PRD's made a noticable difference, but the stock wires have been on there since it was new and I think they were going bad. I get better throttle response and smoother idle. I see why everyone likes these now, lol.

Now I need to get blue hoses to match, anyone have any recommendations on where to get some?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:57 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

-Southbend Rally clutch
-XTD flywheel
-D/S rotors
-Pads from rich
-new e-brake lines
-short shifter a week before that

car feels completly different fing02.gif
Old 04-04-2007, 10:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Apr 4 2007, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>redz, how much were the front and back from seoulfulracing? the price listed on there was just the front right? and then extra for the rear? also i like the new spare tire well cover and the diamond plating around it. where did you get the diamond plated piece made?</div>

I think it's 185 shipped for the 4 of them, but the rear also comes with a part that goes OVER the center hump. They fit PERFECTLY, have rubber edging, and I'm telling you, are the nicest ones I've EVER seen.

The trunk mat I got from a old user here that used to make stuff for us, his name was fast.shark.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tibbychick @ Apr 4 2007, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Redz, I see you've got the GK dead pedal in your tib. Looks awesome. I just picked one up to go with my GK pedals, and it looks like I'm gonna have to mod it. How did you install it, did you have to cut it down at all?</div>

It's actually really REALLY easy. I thought I did a DIY on it, but maybe not.

1. Get some hot water going in the sink. (I'm not kidding.)
2. Soak it in the hot water for a minute to make the plastic soft and pliable
3. On the back of the dead pedal, you'll see 2 plastic cylinders, you need to cut down the LENGTH of these so you can break them or cut them off. Cut both of them off, not all the way down, just use some judgement, but I'd say about 80% off.
4. Remove the plastic runner next to the door sill.
5. Remove the screws that hold the drivers side fuse box cover in place.
6. Get a sharp ass knife and cut off the eyelet for the screw that goes into the floorboard.
7. Slide the slotted end of the new deadpedal on that ridge of the fuse box cover panel so it fits in place.
8. Re assemble the fusebox cover in the car.
9. Use a stainless self tapping screw to go through the mounting hole on the new dead pedal into the floorboard.
10. Replace parts.

That's it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Aust_RD @ Apr 4 2007, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>

Flight 162 you are cleared for takeoff.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Apr 4 2007, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Instead of making new posts of the interesting or helpful information, I was thinking of making another post at the end of each interesting or useful thread with a bunch of search keywords. That way when people search for stuff, those specific posts will show up. There's a lot of information out there that doesn't show up when you search, simply because it doesn't have the right words in it, and it can get frustrating for the newbie searchers... Yeah, I'd be bumping a ton of really old threads, but we'd simply lock them or let them die again.</div>

Hey, that's a hell of an idea. Seriously. I tell you what. PM me about it when you are ready. Maybe we'll make you a moderator for a short time so you can just edit the last post in the threads with the keywords, that way they don't get bumped up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And I do like this WDYMTW thread thing, but I might suggest having it as a WDYMTM (what did you mod this month). It's been around a month since the last thread, and I really doubt people are modding something new every week. The advantage of a weekend thread would be shorter posts, but they might get kinda repetitive after awhile. So we do need some sort of thread, frequency of it is up for debate...</div>

Ehh, it's only been nearly a month because I was gone at Nopi for one weekend, and forgot about it the next. I wanted to start this to try to get folks motivated to do some small stuff on their cars, when they see how much some of us do on them in a weekend.

We'll give it a run for a bit, see how it goes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dark Shark @ Apr 4 2007, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Now I need to get blue hoses to match, anyone have any recommendations on where to get some?</div>

Perty. Samco Sport hoses.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I installed strobes in my clear corners, no pix yet. I rigged them to have three settings, On, On with alarm activation, or off. I did a really good job installing. It could have been a 15 minute project. The way I installed them it took about 5 hours. You cannot see any wires.

I installed a better power relay to control the 110V power under my passenger seat. I thought my origonal job was somewhat of an eyesore, so I chopped all the soldered wires, crimped new ends on and hooked up a new relay.

I made my engine bay pretty too.

Blue Hose
Blue Couplers
Blue Wire loom
Blue Zip ties
New hose clamps.
Better battery terminations

I've got other projects I'm working on as well, but I'll announce more things as I complete them.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:48 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I re-worked my feed line for my turbo, i drilled and then tapped out the stripped bolt that was in the head where everyone else feeds their oil from, and i tapped it. While i was removing the brass fitting from the oil pressure sensor it broke off in the block, luckily i got it out within 5 minutes with an easy out.

Now the oil pressure sensor is back to its stock location unmolested, and i have nice low pressure oil going to the turbo.

Started her up with no oil leaks, which turbo guys know is a blessing

Also i put some new Mobil 1 in her.

tomarrow im going to tighten up an exhaust leak by the wastegate and take her for a spin, feel's good to have her back fing02.gif