Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Wdymtw? 4 April 2007

Old 04-04-2007, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Wow, went to Nopi and forgot all about this for 2 weeks.

Quickly, what did you mod over the last couple of weeks?

Me?

1. New Diamond Plate mats, front and back, from Seoulfulracing.com Nicest mats EVAR!

2. New Laser Cut/Etched spare cover installed.

3. RDTiburon hatch plate installed.

4. New "Shorter" Short Shifter boot prototyped and installed (Very nice, up for sale on Friday)
5. Mobis Blue Shift KNob installed (Leather, matches the KDM dash PERFECTLY).
6. Installed KDM Pedal covers in Sorento.
7. Installed KDM Dead Pedal in Sorento (Took some modding)

8. Installed 3 way washer nozzles from Mobis on Sorento.
9. Finally mounted the XM receiver on the Sorento.
10. Touched up all paint scratches and marks with Mobis Paint pen on the Turby.
11. Full HARDCORE detail job on the Turby.

12. Mounted my viper alarm antenna that's been hanging from my rear view mirror for the past year.
13. Started pulling out ALL of the cold cathodes from my car to replace with SMT LED strips (no radio interference!)
14. Metal polished the HELL out of my trunk diamond plate (Anyone know where I can buy bulk diamond plate? I need to replace that piece).

15. Cleaned my catch can out for the first time (OMFG it was nasty. The foam filters they had inside of it
had MELTED into some nasty glob...)

Let me know if ya'll want more pics, I'll go snap some of the new short shifter boots and interior tonight or tomorrow, the wife and son seem to have taken NONE of it. LOL
Old 04-04-2007, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Looking great RedZ!! Definitely get the gauge bezels switched out, I see them sitting on the seat there wink1.gif But that catch can... puke.gif puke.gif Wow...

As for my car:
I had my 60000mi maintenance done, including timing belt, clutch fluid, and brake pads. Also changed oil and filter, cleaned air filter, and rotated and aligned the wheels. And I just got NGK G-Power plugs and my PRD wires today. They're going in as soon as my car cools off enough fing02.gif Man those PRDs look nice!!!
Question though, there was a little tube of what appeared to be gelled silicon, or some sort of clear grease in the package. What's that for??

And I've been doing TONS of reading on the site, went through all 64 pages on the General Performance section, all of the Engine and Transmission section, the bulk of the DIY section, and so far about 2/3 of the Suspension section. smile.gif I can view the site at work, but I can't log on, and I can't search (it's all blocked), but I can read!! I've read all the "interesting" posts in the mentioned sections. LOTS of good stuff in there, particularly the earlier posts, like in 2004ish timeframe.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:21 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Turbulence

I yanked out the 10AWG or whatever the hell crap wire was used by the AV shop to install my amp... and ran a nice 4 AWG cable from the battery to the trunk. I -finally- have bass again, which makes me very happy.

Pulled the (2) 12" eD subs out of my trunk and dropped in the old 10" single that was sitting in my garage. I'm actually suprised at how well that 10 puts out. It'll probably be at least a week or two before I start putting together the new sub enclosures for my 12s, but with them sitting in my garage I should be motivated to get it done. smile.gif I'm not looking forward to it to be honest. I'm not really good with fiberglassing. 02.gif

Redz - Get a better pic of that hatch plate. If it looks as cool as I think it does, i'm going to pick one up. laugh.gif
Old 04-04-2007, 04:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I pulled out the turbo, manifold, and downpipe. I sent the manifold and downpipe to a distant land to have something done to it. wink1.gif
Old 04-04-2007, 04:44 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

I spent the weekend trying to do my sister's brakes. She has a '93 Honda Accord Station Wagon. I changed the calipers and pads but didn't get the rotors done. In order to change the rotors you have to remove the steering knuckle and the hub/wheel bearing is attached to the rotor so tha has to be pulled apart which then requires you to have a new bearing pressed in. So, I learned the hard way that all this is needed and it sucked up all my freetime this past weekend.

Next weekend I'll get my sounds put in the Tib hopefully. Also hoping to get new tires(Nitto 450) with my tire pressure monitors installed. However, the water pump in my mom's Taurus is the priority for the weekend.

STRIKEEAGLE, that gell is for the boots to keep them from corroding and getting stuck to the plugs.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Haha Strike! I got my PRD's in the mail today too lmao.gif I am also waiting for the engine to cool before I put them in, and I will be detailing my engine bay tonight while Im at it. What color wires did you get? I got them colorwrapped blue...
Old 04-04-2007, 05:20 PM

Vehicle: car

Nice Redz. By the way, where did you get that spare tire cover? I've loved that thing since the first time I've seen one.

This weekend I gutted my Interior, drilled hole through my firewall, and put in a sound system. Nothing big loud or special, but it was nice to have a little boom in my trunk for HIN. I also attempted fixing my neons, but it's a lost cause. I think I blew a tube...
Old 04-04-2007, 06:31 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
Who do you think? UnholyTib, one of our site vendors.

The kicker on that cover? The holes in the H are CUT OUT for vents for my future amp/cap.

He'll have them on the site shortly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ Apr 4 2007, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Looking great RedZ!! Definitely get the gauge bezels switched out, I see them sitting on the seat there wink1.gif But that catch can... puke.gif puke.gif Wow...</div>

Yeah, I'm just waiting to take the dash apart again, I'm tired of doing it. LOL

The catch can, I sent those pics to Perrin, the folks that made my catch can, they went nuts thinking I sent them pics of dogshit. LOL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Man those PRDs look nice!!! Man those PRDs look nice!!!
Question though, there was a little tube of what appeared to be gelled silicon, or some sort of clear grease in the package. What's that for??</div>

Yeah, I put my PRD's on a few weeks ago, I love them.

The tube that you got is Dielectric Grease. You use it inside the boots on the metal contacts so you can easily remove them later. Use it sparingly, but put it on all the metal contacts inside the boots of the wires.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And I've been doing TONS of reading on the site, went through all 64 pages on the General Performance section, all of the Engine and Transmission section, the bulk of the DIY section, and so far about 2/3 of the Suspension section. smile.gif I can view the site at work, but I can't log on, and I can't search (it's all blocked), but I can read!! I've read all the "interesting" posts in the mentioned sections. LOTS of good stuff in there, particularly the earlier posts, like in 2004ish timeframe.</div>

So you are gonna be the site historian? LOL See why we say to search all the time? Feel free to do some compilation threads of interesting info you find, or stuff to update the FAQ.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kantizuni @ Apr 4 2007, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Redz - Get a better pic of that hatch plate. If it looks as cool as I think it does, i'm going to pick one up. laugh.gif</div>

If you check out the Nopi Phoenix thread, not the one with my pics, but the ones that Tibbytib posted, you'll see a GOOD photo of it. It's fantastic.

BTW, do you guys like this weekly thread?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ya i like it a lot redz. great idea. this weekend i got an exhasut for the rd1. picked up the catback, headers, another cai, and some cheapo springs for 125. actually my brother picked them up for me in chicago. cant wait to get it on. as for the rd2, just putting things together and cleaning random stuff. waiting for it to get warmer to see if i can get the damn thing running.

redz, how much were the front and back from seoulfulracing? the price listed on there was just the front right? and then extra for the rear? also i like the new spare tire well cover and the diamond plating around it. where did you get the diamond plated piece made?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:01 PM

Well, finally received everything to upgrade my wheels...17" Enkei OR52 rims with 205/40/17 Cooper Zeon ZPT tires, new drilled and slotted rotors, and new PBR/Axxis Deluxe Plus pads. While I had everything apart I painted the dust shields around the rotors with some black caliper paint and did a thorough painting of the calipers with some Duplicolor red caliper paint...its a heck of a lot easier to give those things a quality paint job when they are off the car and can be taken apart.

On Tuesday I was able to complete the tire upgrade with the install of some Enkei carbon fiber center caps (finally got a hold of someone at Enkei who understood what I was looking for and helped me out with a part number)

Also, replaced my rusty hood seal strip with a new one...thanks CobaltBlue01