Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

WANTED: Muffler Welder in Chicagoland Area

Old 12-03-2004, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why didnt I have her as a teacher?

I'm looking for somebody to help with a muffler installation.

First of all, you can see I just have a pretty stock RD2 Tib right now...but I have this universal N1 muffler that I'd like to get welded on to my car. I really don't know how much a thing like this costs, or entails, but I called shops around my house and they want lke $75-100+ for the installation, and some won't even touch aftermarket mufflers. I thought it'd be pretty straight-forward, so I'm hoping to find someone in my area, that would be willing to help me out.

The best deal that I've found so far, is a friend of my cousin who said he'd do it for $50-75. I live in Naperville, IL, which is a SW suburb of Chicago. I'd be willing to drive within a 25 mi radius of that, or more if someone can hook me up.

If anyone can help me out, let me know. Much appreciated. Also, let me know how much these things tend to run for.

Thanks,
Chris Lee
mrpsxplyr@hotmail.com
Old 12-04-2004, 12:37 AM

Default Re: FS:1st gen tib. OEM shark racing wing

when i had mine done on my elantra, i went to my dads friends shop, he had his asst manager do it for 50$ (under the table) but i threw him 60 since he did it w/ like 10 min of me bein there. had to make a small pipe to go from where he cut the muffler off to the new one. 60$ i was happy...happier when i put a whole cat-back in in an hour w/o having a clue what i was doing by myself
Old 12-04-2004, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Weight reduction info!

shops can be pains like that. I remember once I had the muffler replaced on my old excel and I asked about having this nice new Monza tip welded on to it.. It looked nice (not at all ricy) and the resonated tip might mellow out the car's sound. Nobody would touch it. When I got the car back, the monza tip was on the floor and a regular pea shooter style chrome tip was tacked welded to the end of the muffler (even though it had been clamped on) Took me several hours to get the tacks broken so I could bolt the monza tip on.

Their "feelings" the heavy weight of the tip would break the muffler. I ran the car that way for years until I finally traded it in.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Re: cuda kit

Midas did mine for $50.