Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

WANTED Dyno - Tiburon V6 Headers

Old 05-12-2003, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED Dyno - Tiburon V6 Headers

Importshark currently has a new OBX V6 header, available. We are looking for a non-California owner willing to install and test the headers. Our supplier will pay for a dyno test. Before and after dyno wanted. You must pay for the headers at our cost. more info email me wink

[ May 13, 2003, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: importshark ]
Old 05-12-2003, 09:16 PM

I'm interested. There is a shop with a dyno 20 miles up from where i live. I think they're still in business.

Obviously this header eliminates the cat up front (the head forward the car...is there a cat on the other head ..back of the engine bay.. too?) but what about the O2 sensor up front?? Where does it go?

I will do this as long as i don't have to slice 'n dice wires to 'extend' the sensor to an o2 bung. BTW, the headers look nice! wink

EDIT: okay well, i got off my lazy butt and checked HMAservice and found these

I suppose the 2nd cat(2nd pic down) is between the header flange and the exhaust flange? So only the 1st cat is eliminated???
i.e. }-}--hdr--][cat][--exhaust

[ May 13, 2003, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Koreandude ]
Old 05-13-2003, 10:20 AM

As with most aftermarket headers and Tiburons these headers eliminate the close mounted cats, and you may have to have bungs placed for the sensors (4 sensors). It's not something you would want to do yourself unless you are a serious mechanic. We prefer you take it to a shop that can handle the installation.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(importshark @ May 13 2003, 12:20 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'>As with most aftermarket headers and Tiburons these headers eliminate the close mounted cats, and you may have to have bungs placed for the sensors (4 sensors). It's not something you would want to do yourself unless you are a serious mechanic. We prefer you take it to a shop that can handle the installation.</div>

Currently I have Stone Racing headers on my 2003 Tib (V6). Im finding out now that I either have to put what is called simulators on my headers to trick the ECU into thinking there are the 2 cats or replace them with the OEM headers. Is there any truth in this and are there any other options.

I do not want a non street legal car nor do I want to fail my state inspections.

HELP.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:55 AM

What is your current set-up?
I'm thinking you have a racing cat. which has no emmisions value what so ever. Your best bet is to replace the racing cat that came with the headers with a hi-flow (true) catalytic converter. these cost anywhere between $80.00-$300.00

My cat of choice is produced by Random Technology. They are not cheap but they seem to give the most emmisions prevention with least amount of HP loss.