Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

vibrations,

Old 02-24-2005, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibrations,

don't really know what is causeing this but if any one has had this happen and know how to fix it let me know...here it goes...My trunk lid, or back glass, has a vibration..somtimes its there, and sometimes its not.. when i pull out i can hear it and if i hit a bump i can hear it to..i don't think that it from my sub, because it did it when i first got the car, so i just crank up the music and try not to hear it..but since i'm new to this site, figured that someone else might have had this prob and been able to fix it.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:59 PM

There are two bump stops on the hatch
Turn those counter clockwise to make them come down further, so it sits closer to your trunk. That might do the trick. You'll have to figure out how much you have to turn them out
Old 02-24-2005, 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

somethin vibrates in the hatch of my car too... i've just come to accept it. everything vibrates in our cars. lol. the rear view mirror. hatch....

i still haven't figured out what exactly it is yet. i just felt like sayin i have the same problem

it's definately annoying as hell though

^^ i'll try that
Old 02-24-2005, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Are you sure it's the hatch itself?? I know that I had a sound that sound like a clicking. Anytime I would hit a pothole or those lines filled with tar, I heard it. I think it had something to do with my rear bushing, cause when that was fixed, the sound went away. I always thought it was my brake pad shims. I dunno now I forget.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its a Hyundai, so its going to rattle. tongue.gif Trust me, by the time I go around taking certain interior pieces off and retightening them, something else decides to rattle.

Wait until you get an exhaust and a header (if you don't have one), you'll have so many rattles you wont know what to do.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:34 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sparticus)</div><div class='quotemain'>the rear view mirror.</div>

Theres a DIY for that you know wink1.gif

Also, as wierd as this may seem, Check your spare tire well. The rattle annoyed the hell outta me for a while.....I could not find it. Then when I went to do my dynamat in my hatch area, i found screws, bulbs, all kinds of stuff down there. Moving around, bouncing up and hitting the donut.

But if it really does sound like your hatch, do what Kayjai said and mess with the stops.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:13 PM

good point on the spare tire well. I had all sorts of junk rolling around in mine. Not to mention about a gallon of water from not tightening down my taillights when I had them out. Just a note.. if you carry flares in your spare tire well like I do.. make sure you have no leaks.. they get NASTY when they fall apart in water.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:11 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Yeah, I took my jack out cause when my bass hit (I only have a 12") stuff in there would rattle like crazy. I also found miscellaneous junk down there.

What about the plastic pieces that cover the inside of the hatch, have you checked those out?
Old 02-24-2005, 09:07 PM

guys when i put my hand on the plastic that runs across the top of the trunk lid it stops, but i took it off an it still does it, do you think that my class might need to be taken out and then resealed ..ah i don't know, just wish i could get it to stop..........also, i put my header on and ran a 2.5 inch pipe all the way out to the muffler, it rattles to but when i put my car on the rack, i would hit the pipe and push on it, but couldn't get it to make a sound... any one had that prob and figured out what it was..
Old 02-24-2005, 09:23 PM

I really doubt it is the glass.. or you would be having leak problems too. I would start with the piece of plastic you touched that made the vibration go away. Make sure it is tight and not rubbing against anything.

As for your exhaust, you said "on the rack" is what with the suspension in full droop (wheels off the ground)? or one of those racks where the wheels still hold the car up? If the suspension is in droop, it might be a case of the exhaust rattling against the suspension when it is in it's normal position.