Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Ummm Stop...ummm Help

Old 04-16-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the TB butterfly got stuck open in WOT.
that would be my guess.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Loneshark is right... there is no way this problem has anything to do with the TPS or anything of that nature. A quick test drive revealed that the stock Tib's brakes can overpower the engine, and even if your brakes aren't as good a shape as mine, when you put it in neutral it would've revved.

Either you've worn down the brake pads (and have that annoying brake squeal) or you need to thoroughly bleed and inspect the braking system.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:42 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tiburonmoo @ Apr 16 2005, 11:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Since he said the brakes worked is it possible that his TPS has gone to hell and his car was getting enough gas to counteract his braking?
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

Definitely it's not TPS. If your TB buterfly was closed and TPS send signal to ECU that you have open - your engine would run very rich, or even can stop. And you should have a CEL.

If you go on neutral, does you braking system works good?
Old 04-17-2005, 11:40 AM

HA,

Alright, I am standing my ground and ready for you all to throw fruits and poo at me. Although I hear what you all are saying, I can only testify to what my car did. Not what it should have been doing. BUT, on the plus side, I have figured out the problem.

The problem was, it was a stuck accelerator. My box for my alarm system is mounted against the wall near the top of the accelerator. The box and wire harness have come undone, logged into the upper half of the accelerator, not letting it to come all the way up. Now the only thing I can think of is, when I punched the accelerator to blow through the light, the box moved a bit so when I let off the accelerator and put the car into neutral, well...there was nothing wrong. The car did what it was suppose to do, stop. And because I didn't look at anything until this morning I've just been assuming that it had to be an issue with the car itself.

So give me the idget award of the day for mounting my stuff in a stupid place.

I'd like to thank everybody for their insight, and their expertise, making me realize again, I'm not the brightest star in the sky.

Other than that, everyone have a great Sunday.

Rich Brake
Old 04-17-2005, 01:17 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I'm glad that you solved your problem.