Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Twin Filters

Old 08-20-2006, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys forgive me if this has been asked before , i have searched but found nothing, would it make any difference if two air filters were fitted, say if two intake pipes were joined to form a Y shape ,the single end onto TB and the twin ends had a filter on them, the only thing i found on the search was somone mentioned a double cone filter , but no one referred to it in the replys ,is this the same sort of thing and are they any good!!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX

Car can only suck and burn so much at a given point. I doubt you would get any benefit from it, maybe if you had a HUGE BBTB. Even then doubtful. My VR-4 has a dual intake(not for long) but thats b/c stock track is very restrictive and the car needs air for both turbos. Just get a AEM, you'll be happy you did in the long run(if you plan on getting anywhere with your car with N/A). Actually, someones SUPPOSED to be making me a custom SC kit soon and my AEM will have to come out. I will PM you when its avail.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:51 AM

That would be cool.
Thanks 1stGenTib. fing02.gif