Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Twin Engine Tiburon

Old 07-12-2002, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

guys, that car isn't just slapped together. the windows aren't glass and the hood and hatch are. The thing looks like a beast with nothing inside but seats, fire bottle and guages, and a firewall in the back. I am pretty sure I read that they use a modified diagnostic tool to control both transmissions off the same shifter. And the engines are largely stock, plus the turbos and fueling.

10.9 is slow. They had a timeslip for 10.7 at the dealership, and that was in 4000' ASL El Paso.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do you used modified Diagnostics tools ot shift the automatics. I bought one off them for when I had an automatic. They took it right out of the car.

You wanna buy it? smile.gif
Old 07-12-2002, 08:22 AM

Hmmmm i'll get back to you on that when i figure out how long it will take before i can get the money to do this.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:37 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Sorry to bring up an old thread but...

How do you convert a gasoline engine to run methanol?
Old 08-04-2002, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

lantraluvr-

Simple, you don't.

They used methanol rather than using an intercooler. The meth also had the added benefit of adding the additional fuel required due to the turbo's.

You would ONLY use meth injection on a turbo or supercharger where intercooling is not an option, or if the existing intercooling options are not sufficent.

Methanol is expensive, dangerous to transport/store, and not easy to come by. Last time I checked, it was going for about $20 a gallon. Best price I heard of was $5 a gallon. Way more expensive than even 100 octane racing fuel, which is $4 a gallon in my area. You wouldn't want to convert an engine to run on pure meth unless you are building an all out race car, and even then, you would only want to do it if you needed the cooling properties of Meth. Gas has better knock resistance (racing fuel is even better) (octane), and it also is more stable (ignites at a higher tempature, not as prone to water absorption).

Start calling around the phillipines and see if you can even FIND a place to sell you methanol by the gallon, and then find out how much they will charge you. I'm sure you will quickly realize that it is way more expensive than premium gas or even race gas.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra

Yipes. I'll stick to 97 octane gas thank you. smile.gif

New question: If I were to do this to my Elantra, would the second engine fit? I mean it's a sedan, and uh, what about the trunk? I have two 1.6 Betas and one donor car so it may be feasible.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:15 AM

anything is possible... as long as you have the $$$ to do it

if you wanna do it the cheap way...
put 2 engines... screw the turbo and do a direct port nitrous setup

150 progressive shot to each engine would be good enough to get some 12's maybe 11's
depending on your other mods

smile.gif