Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Twin Air Filters?

Old 06-18-2009, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '99 Coupe/Tiburon F2 Evolution

i had the same issue andy, some little TWOCer decided that he would nick mine the other day so i was left without one.

just waiting on a 2" to 3" reducer coming in then ill be fitting this: Twin Filters

obviously F/I is different to N/A but if you get a reducer 2.75" to 3" and we make a rolling road sesh together i dont mind letting you try it to see the results.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Androoo @ Jun 15 2009, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>im running AFR around 12.2 through out the range at WOT, is this unusually rich? 95 octane... i was told that it didnt make any more power to lean out further, could this be true?</div>

Back to the original topic -- no, this is not true. The BETA powerplants make their best N/A horsepower around 13.5:1 A/FR. Continue leaning it out...

And dual intake filters will do jack, as the constriction will be your MAF sensor, your throttle plate, your intake manifold, your head, your intake valves and your cam profile. There are far more places to pick up that horsepower with more efficiency...