Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Turn Key = Nothing?!?!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

When getting on the flat bed, my rear bumper came within an inch or two of scraping the ground.

It depends on the experience of the flatbed operator. The beds can come out pretty far, and get pretty level considering the ramp you have to get onto.

I just wouldn't trust a regular tow truck with my car... I've done a flat bed twice, but I have factory height suspension.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Most flatbed operators SHOULD carry a couple 2x6 planks about 2 feet long. Thats the only other requirement for getting my car on a flatbed, and if Majik's is factory height, I'm lower (yes, its possible. I have 2.5" of clearance, a small coke bottle won't clear my license plate, and its a daily driver in the summer), and don't have any issues. When the back bumper is at the lowest point. I can't even get my hand under it....thats how close it is.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:45 PM

sounds good, I was worried they were gonna rip my car up, they said that it would probably drag, but most of the idiots probably cant load it right.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:55 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KustomizedTiburon @ Jan 7 2008, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Do you all not drag the rear side profile and rear bumper when being loaded onto a flatbed? I called a towing company and they said they would probably tear my car up putting it on and off, with a flat bad. Can you all get on car dollies?</div>

Hijacking the thread but it has been fixed so no worries. smile.gif I am curious too, anyone with kits and an eibach suspension, can your car be put on a dolly? I am really hoping they can because I do not want to drive two vehicles all the way to New Mexico.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

i used a dolly with my veilside kit and it puts a lot of stress and can put cracks in your kit. I used one on Christmas cause I had no other choices but I didn't mind much because my body kit has only been primed since it was molded so the damage was minimal considering I will have to retouch up the fiberglass in some areas before I get paint anyways. I would not ever recomend a dolly tow and always request a flat bed only.

Unless by dolly you mean just the front wheel dollies that you pull behind any vehicle. Those work just fine once you take the front bumper off
Old 01-07-2008, 01:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

We should start a new topic on Tib Towing....

I know conventional tow trucks use the dollies for the rear wheels and AWD cars, which would lift the back off the ground once the front is in the air....would that not work too? Or is that what you were talking about. Just lifting the front would most likely lead to the rear bumper or muffler dragging on a lowered car.

If you're going to pull the car with a truck, just spend the extra cash on renting a car trailer. I borrow my uncle's when I need to, and its great.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

^^^the dolly tow or tow truck with rear wheel dollies is what I was saying I got towed by on Christmas...these will f*** up your body kit. Remember I live in FL and there isn't much but flat land and paved roads. No dirt roads and potholes are far and few in between so the minimal damage I got was because I probably had minimal obstacles keeping me from a smooth tow. Any bangs and my skirts wouldn't be attached for sure but it catches all parts, the skirts, the rear bumper and the front so any could be torn off by a tow truck that lifts and pulls by the front wheels with rear wheel dollies.

After I got my car home I had to move it a few blocks, I did that with just a car dolly that you put behind any vehicle. I have one just sitting at my dads garage where I needed to get my car so I used it to go the few blocks realizing how stupid I was for not just towing my car like that from the break down point on Christmas night and saving $100. These may be much cheaper then a car trailer but a car trailer is safer and more reliable so if you can tow by trailer.