Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Turn Key = Nothing?!?!

Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Couple things....

1) We don't have an Autozone in Canada (that I know of anyway)
2) There is no click. Nothing, and I honestly mean nothing works other than hazard lights, headlights, and brake lights. My biggest fear when it happened the first time was that I had to leave my car out overnight with the sunroof open.
3) Its the "Ignition Power Source" fuse that keeps blowing

I couldn't see much last night, and it got dark fairly quickly, and I had to be up early for work. I'll check it out tonight when I get home and there still some daylight. I just need to pick up a few fuses. I think I may give DTN's method a shot just as a temporary fix if I can't find the source of the short.

I'm under contract to attend a set number of car shows, and theres only 2 left in the area, one of them being on Saturday....so if I don't make it to that one....I'm screwed and my end up having to pay for my rims.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:09 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

my man here says the starter is dead. if you get everting else and the starter wont turn..then thats the only thing left.. if you have a car alarm disconnet it and try to turn it over without it..
Old 10-05-2007, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: car

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rixshark @ Oct 5 2007, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>3) Its the "Ignition Power Source" fuse that keeps blowing</div>

The Fuse keeps blowing John. Meaning there is a short in a wire somewhere. From what I have experienced most, the alarm is fvcked up. Aftermarket alarms are such a nightmare....... I'd take it back to the shop, should have some sort of warranty right?

And there is a tool where you can hand crank your sunroof closed dude, came with the car.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

^^Bought the car used....didn't realise there was a tool for that.

Ok, so I checked all the wires coming out of the ignition and someone has done a freakin' number on them. The car had an aftermarket alarm on it when I bought it...and the first thing I did was get a new one because the guy told me he lost the other transmitter...RIIIIIGHT.....

I guess when my shop installed my new alarm, they just clipped all the wires from the previous system. The white wire with the blue stripe had a small piece of brown wire spliced into it, and was bare on one end. I'm assuming that when I adjusted my steering wheel (gf and I were messing around in the car....) it must have shifted enough that when I moved the steering back, it touched the steering column and shorted out. I taped it up, and then taped the whole bunch of wires all together, and just wrapped the hell out of all of them. Tossed in a new fuse ($4.50/each), used DTN's "Wiggle all the wires until you find the one that pops the fuse" method, and sure enough, nothing happens. The car starts up and runs like new.

Thanks for all your help and tips guys. You definitely saved me a trip to the dealership.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

ha, same thing that happened to me man. glad you took care of it
Old 10-05-2007, 10:36 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rixshark @ Oct 5 2007, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^ Couple things....

1) We don't have an Autozone in Canada (that I know of anyway)
2) There is no click. Nothing, and I honestly mean nothing works other than hazard lights, headlights, and brake lights. My biggest fear when it happened the first time was that I had to leave my car out overnight with the sunroof open.
3) Its the "Ignition Power Source" fuse that keeps blowing

I couldn't see much last night, and it got dark fairly quickly, and I had to be up early for work. I'll check it out tonight when I get home and there still some daylight. I just need to pick up a few fuses. I think I may give DTN's method a shot just as a temporary fix if I can't find the source of the short.

I'm under contract to attend a set number of car shows, and theres only 2 left in the area, one of them being on Saturday....so if I don't make it to that one....I'm screwed and my end up having to pay for my rims.</div>
It's not a temporary fix. That's called troubleshooting. Once you find the fault, you tape it up and problem solved. Maybe you didn't understand... after replacing the fuse you need to start messing with wires under the dash, in the steering coloumn, and in the engine bay. when you find the general area, then you know where your problem is. Those fusable links will blow and you replace them until you know where the fault is. It's better then driving down the road and having it die on you randomly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlizagaXx @ Oct 5 2007, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Fuse keeps blowing John. Meaning there is a short in a wire somewhere. From what I have experienced most, the alarm is fvcked up. Aftermarket alarms are such a nightmare....... I'd take it back to the shop, should have some sort of warranty right?

And there is a tool where you can hand crank your sunroof closed dude, came with the car.</div>
where is it? I've never seen it. I know there's that grommet or something dead center, and that must be where it goes. What does the tool look like?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 PM

its kind of like the jack but smaller and for the moonroof. haha ill try and get a picture of it if i think of it when i have it out. the couple tibs i had with a moonroof had it in the glove compartment. If you had one adam, im sure you would know it.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 PM
DTN

02.gif I want my sunroof tool... Maybe I'll start a WTB thread. I have never even popped that emergency hole to see what it looks like. Would it be possible to manually close the sunroof with a GP tool kit?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:46 AM

Vehicle: car

Old 10-06-2007, 01:25 PM
DTN

what is that? like an allen key?