Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Turbo Timer Install Problems

Old 02-18-2006, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

i dont know what pin it is, but i can look tomarrow. I have to work at 7 or else id do it now. last night i got 2 hours of sleep and have been running around since 6am so ill take sleep over my tibby for once.

oh and everything stays on when its counting down, fans, lights, Accessories, radio, the works, its just like what would happen if you stalled or something. the engine stopped, but everything else is the same

ill keep in close touch with you tomarrow and figure this beast out. then ill write up an accurate diagram, a rarity when wiring in a tib, but im sure you know that lol
Old 02-18-2006, 12:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This information will definitely be beneficial to anyone whos had problems with their turbo timer.

Btw, good luck baby! hehe Im sure everything will turn out fine with your car as always because your car is not stubborn like mine. tongue.gif
Old 02-18-2006, 01:21 PM

u get a chance to look into your car yet tibby01? the wire colors should be the same since we both have 2001's but if your not 100% sure just trace the wire back to the ignition cylinder, those should be the same color. appreciate it man! cool.gif

OH and could you change the title of this thread to, "need help with turbo timer" so people with problems in the future could maybe use this for referance.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

its pin #4. undo that connector, and look at the clip that goes inside the bigger clip. this is actually the female clip. its based on the connectors in the clip, and not the connectivity of the clips themselves.

so you will want to be looking at the clip with the female pins inside of it. it will be on the side of the harness leading into the car, not to the ignition cylinder. the numbering on that is as such...

looking left to right. you want pin #4 for your "ignition" wire from the timer. it is a brown wire.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:50 PM

WOOT! it works now! Tibby01 your a god. The brown wire (pin-4) is black on the other side of the harness (toward the ignition cylinder) I tapped into that and it worked great, cant thank you enough tibby01

BUT can the wiring god figure out how to make it so i can activate my alarm before the car turns off?

\/ ok so this updated turbo diagram is verified by me to work \/

• Install the Turbo Timer:

The first thing you must do is DISCONNECT the battery!

the second thing to do is to remove the top steering column cover which snaps on and off.
Then lower the steering column at its lowest point to give more room to get to the wires behind the ignition cylinder. It’s still a tight reach to them.

(GRAY) Parking Brake wire from the turbo timer to the parking brake signal.
(RED) Constant 12V wire from the turbo timer should tap into the 12V (YELLOW WITH BLACK STRIPE) wire on the back of the ignition cylinder.
(GREEN) 12V Ignition wire from the turbo timer should tap into the “ON†(BLACK) wire on the back of the ignition cylinder.
(BLUE) 12V Accessory wire from the turbo timer should tap into the “ACC†(WHITE WITH BLUE STRIPE) wire on the back of the ignition cylinder.
(BLACK) Ground wire from the turbo timer can be grounded to the bolt that is facing upwards just behind the rubber shield above the steering column.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you cant arm your alarm with the car running? most allow you to, for remote start, but anyway there is a way around it. any idea what wire is keeping it from arming? im going to guess its because its seeing power on the ignition wire. to test, start the car and try to arm. it shouldnt. then disconnect the alarm wire on the ignition wire(still while the car is running). if you are able to arm it after that then you know which wire is the one you want. do that with the alarm wires until you find the one that when disconnected allows the alarm to be armed. i can heelp you some more after you figure which one it is.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:26 PM

ok ill try that tomarrow, thanks

oh and could you change the title to "Turbo timer install problems"?
Old 02-18-2006, 10:18 PM

Glad it worked out for you mang. Did you get the hood spacers in the box?
Old 02-18-2006, 10:24 PM

yah i got the spacers, i might put them in soon or just wait until i put my CF hood back on. i hate winter tho, it makes you not able to do anything with your car, wiring in this timer was killer on my hands, of course with my luck it was nice for like two weeks before this weekend but when i want to work on my car its snowing, windy, and freezing.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:54 PM

OK update, i figured that yellow wire in the picture that i was unsure of what it went to was probably the wire that told the alarm that the car was on, so i reached under and unhooked it and it did the trick, now i can set the alarm before the turbo timer shuts the car off.

Thanks everyone for your input, special thanks to tibby01, your a lifesaver