Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Trip to the strip.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tibby
Default Trip to the strip.

I went to the drag strip last night and was surprised to find everybody was very nice even when i messed up staging. I wasn't really sure how fast the tib wud be my first pass was ugly an 18.68 not so hot. After about 4 passes though I was doing ok and was hitting 17.23 but my best pass of the night came when I ran with a Lancer (not an evo). We left the line and I was a little faster on my r/t than he was but he caught me by the 60ft mark. I ended up loosing the race but that pass was a 16.92 at 81.1mph for me. I think with some weight reduction spare. tools, and other crap out of the car plus a little weight reduction of my own i need to loose 40lbs. And some more practice for me, I think I could get the times down a little more. My car is stock so now I have a baseline to go off of. Will post the time slip tonight.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

One of the quickest ways to reduce your cars weight is to actually race with practically run on EMPTY, but always bring a small like 2 gallon gas can to pour in as needed. Gas weighs about 8 pound per gallon so you can do the math I am sure. This is a little drag secret, lol along with making a pile of all your belongs next to a friends pit, that would be another 40 pounds or so.. Just like the spare tire, the jack extra tools.... You get it, and good luck with the Tib man, that is how I started man, Stock running 17's to tuned runing a sub 11's
Old 05-02-2010, 02:38 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

got to start somewhere...

never been to the strip and want to finally get there before i move from where i am