Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Totalled the Tiburon

Old 02-07-2012, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tib

That sucks!,glad your ok!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Old 02-08-2012, 01:10 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Doesn't look bad. Looks exactly how I thought. The only problem is the windshield. And yeah, the metals are incredibly flimsy.

Paint it yourself! I used automotivetouchup.com paint. The only thing is you have to let it set/dry.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:29 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Anyone ever change a windsheild? Is it hard? I never changed one but Im thinking maybe I should just leave it to the Pro's
Old 02-08-2012, 06:55 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

It varies from car to car. I helped change the windscreen on my mate's hilux, and it was an absolute breeze. Just ran MIG welding wire around the seal and it popped out.

I tried doing the same trick on my LC, and failed hard. I just ended up cracking the windscreen even more.

Give it a try dude, it is broken anyways so you don't have much to lose.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:22 PM

Anyone ever change a windsheild? Is it hard? I never changed one but Im thinking maybe I should just leave it to the Pro's

it's hard. you need a special sharp (and a bit dangerous) cutting tool that you use your strength to pull. then you pull all of the epoxy off. then you would have to clean the area and reapply new epoxy.

how do i know that? youtube lol.

i would take it to the Pro's. They would replace it (with labor) anywhere from $250-300 and would probably do a better job considering you've never done it. it's not like it's super difficult, but you just have to know what the hell you're doing and knowing how hard windshields are to remove, might not be worth the struggle.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I watched a guy change the windshield on my car. It looked like a severe PITA and a great way to get lots of small cuts and maybe several big ones. Then when he was done there was no glass in/on my car, the new one didn't leak, and it took a surprisingly short time to get the job done. Worth the $175 at a local shop.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:09 PM

Got a junkyard hood and fender, the fenders silver and the hoods white. Its going to be green fender, white bumper and hood and silver fender and car. Idk if I should spray paint them black or what? I really don't feel like having it painted anytime soon so you think i should leave it? or spray bomb it black? Anyways, I couldn't find any driver side turn signals for my car, anyone have any extra? Also I got some eibach springs I want to sell since I won't be using them
Old 02-09-2012, 05:02 PM

i'm going to the yard this week. i'll see if i can find a signal for you.

not to steer you in the wrong direction but i sprayed my whole front end with spray cans and it came out great. it's not hard, you just have to do it right and research some (spray horizontally, downward like a printer/lawnmower):

i used red primer, but for silver i would use white on the hood and 3 coats white on the fender. fenders and bumper were maybe $50.00 shipped paint. the hood cost me about $100.00 shipped paint but that's because a bug flew into it (middle of summer outside) and i ended up using a sh ton of clear coat to repair it. i had it done for $60.00 shipped until the bug. the only bad part is you would have to let it set indoors for over a month whereas it would likely be baked in a paint shop right away.

you might piss off some neighbors :angry: (from vapors and mist) if you don't do it in an enclosed space lol. so you save money overall but you wouldn't be able to use your car. if you're not willing to take that risk, get a quote from a paint shop.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Yeah, I didn't get color matching paint but I got some Krylon silver metallic and its pretty close, definately noticable close up but from 20 feet away you can tell the difference... Im applying my 2nd coat of clear right now on the fender, Now I just got to paint the bumper and hood. The hood im going to use 320 grit n400 grit to sand it down prior to painting.