Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Tire wear 200 vs 340 wear rating??

Old 03-16-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 Tibby
Default Tire wear 200 vs 340 wear rating??

I am looking a some summer tires. I just wanted to get an understanding of how fast a 200 rated tired would wear compared to a 340.. How many seasons could I get out of:

Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec:200 tread wear rating

how many summers on these street driving

BFGoodrichg-Force Sport: 300 tread wear rating

how many summers on these street driving
Old 03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It's hard to compare treadwear ratings from one manufacturer to another. It's better than nothing but they don't always really compare that well.

I've put about 40k miles on my 200 tread wear Azenis RT-615's but that's about 4 times what most people get (and they're pretty much bald now). My Proxes 4's were rated at 300 and were on track to last about the same number of miles before I melted them at autocross and had to replace them.

I would any day go with the Direzza's over the G-force though unless your primary concern is treadwear, then I wouldn't really go with either of these tires. Performance wise there is no comparing the two.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The way it works is a 400 tread rating tire "should" last 4x longer than a 100 rating from the same brand

Hence why cheap tire companies came out with slicks (kumho)

realize there is almost no "standards" when it comes to tires hell I've seen 2 different tires in the same size be a inch in height different