Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Timing Belt Kit

Old 04-17-2006, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Timing Belt on Ebay

It comes with the belt, tensioner, and pulley. Any good? Its cheap and comes with a warranty. Im guessin install would be some where around 200, give or take some. Is that right? I have 71,000 miles and wondering if it NEEDS to be replaced.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

almost every single aftermarket timing belt ive ever seen didnt actually fit the car
Old 04-17-2006, 09:54 PM

i bought one.. ill let you know
Old 04-17-2006, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Sweet! Are you going to install it yourself?
Old 04-17-2006, 09:57 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

me thinks i am going to buy one too. not a bad price.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:15 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Would someone like to make a DIY on it with pics instead of Webtech?
Old 04-18-2006, 02:45 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I think Hyundai recommend changing timing belt every 60,000 KM = 37,500 miles
Old 04-18-2006, 06:07 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (faithofadragon @ Apr 17 2006, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>almost every single aftermarket timing belt ive ever seen didnt actually fit the car</div>

I bought mine at autozone and it went on like a charm.

And D.. they recommend every 65,000 MILES between belt changes.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:08 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmitry @ Apr 18 2006, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Hyundai recommend changing timing belt every 60,000 KM = 37,500 miles</div>

No, no,... 60000MILES
Or about 100000KMs
Old 04-18-2006, 10:01 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

not to be an asshole but you guys are takeing a big risk 1. by useing that crap 2. not changing your timeing belt.. i threw a belt in my moms accord when i was in high school 200 years ago. and it bent all the vavles all 8 of them... now we have 16 you do the math... in light of what i saw on ebay and you fruitpies and your b****ing you leave me with no choice........ blowup.gif blowup.gif blowup.gif I will cancel my old post on the timeing belt kit its will be 175 shipped to anywhere in the USA and canda.. i might have to add 10 more buck for internatinal shipping it all depends on where your at .

i dont want to hijack this thred at all but i dont want anyone to f*** they ride up with some cheap ass crap!!
i wont allow it...Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif

Lets look at this a little bit closer shall we:

This kit is assembled by Preferred Components, using components that meet or exceed OEM specifications. PCI specializes in supplying OHC timing sets & components for the "professional installer

uhmmmmm Meet or exceed oem for<<<< for us nothing exceed oem... i use nothing but OEM timing belts me and i would say 99% of the tuner's in korea to include the 1000whp tibby made by axis.
the belts are probly made by Gates but" in china"...

the next thing i would like to look at here in there statment

"PCI specializes in supplying OHC timing sets & components"

what does your engine say in crome letter across the top of the valve cover DOHC 16V .. when did my tibby goto a Over Head Valve set up.... for us this may be true to a certian dergree... ohv only turn one cam and one cam alone... now when you start to pull two would you not need a belt that could handle the extra drag of another cam. our belt have to endure 3 thing one the added stress of turning 2 cams and moving 8 valve spring at one time 1-4-2-3..the heat of the engine and high rpms... OHV if i am not mistaken only rev to 5000

the best one "professional installer"

i am form the old school with hyundai and i guess you could say i got it from being over here so long and watching and learning form the peps here.. i know since i got the front of the engine open i might as well change the water pump and thermostat "reguardless" of how many miles left on it. because once you have put on your timing belt it stays on. yeah you can take it on and off and strech that boy out... we dont have a automatic belt tensionor like the sonata has. why risk slipping the timeing belt and taking your valve with it " i have done it !!" call it a peice of mind. and given the location of our water pump. and how its a pain in the ass to pull it. i would take the extra time and effort to do the job right.. i go one step further i even change out the crank and cam oil seals... timeing belts cant get wet or get oil on them and that belt and your head is at risk when you dont change the seals and pump.... where in the f*** did they get there
professional installer from Wal-mart shit!

Ebay=$58 shipped

1 belt maker "unknown" bearing 2 each

you might as well get a extra head while your at it

kspec= $200 shipped Timing Belt

Tension Assembly
Idle Pulley
Water Pump Assembly
Water Pump Gasket
Power Steering Belt
Water Pump Belt
A/C Belt

mmm sounds good but my dad said to me son when you change your water pump change your thrmostat too so you dont over heat and blow your head gasket..

John super kit =175 shipped in USA & canada Beta I & II

Timing Belt
Tension Assembly
Idle Pulley
Water Pump Assembly
Water Pump Gasket
Power Steering Belt
Water Pump Belt
A/C Belt
theromstat and gasket
crank and camshaft oil seals

to all you out there i just called hyundai just now and ask them on the change time one Timeing belts it is

"60,000" KM

not a 100,000 km