Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Tiburon Itb

Old 04-15-2005, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Tigerlilly, Rside, and several others use these, and we have talked about them before. I usually hear them referred to as "Quad Throttle Bodies".

Random is dead right though, very rough to tune and keep tuned.

RSide also has a dual TB setup, I'd like to look into that one.

Damn, seems their site is down.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Interesting, are there air filters?

I know that ITB also gives you very good response.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:06 PM

Nope no filters. You have to come up with someway of making it all work your self. You also would need to modify the TB cable since you would now need to be pulling four cables.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

^^^ If there is no filters - it's not worth buying IMO. Dust will kill engine 02.gif
Old 04-15-2005, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dmitry @ Apr 15 2005, 09:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>^^^ If there is no filters - it's not worth buying IMO. Dust will kill engine 02.gif
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>

You can can make filters to stick over those... just find some sort of fabric type of material what you can stretch across...

Those also look hot when on.... Makes the bay look soo much cleaner
Old 04-15-2005, 05:15 PM

I think these are really cool but for a MAF based car it will be very difficult to get it setup if it is even possible at all. One thing you cant tell looking at the tigerlilly ones is if there are any niples on the IM. Cause it would realy be kind of impractical without them since nothing on the car would work correctly including the FPR, Idle Bypass, Evap system, etc.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:23 PM

well.. little bit of info from somebody who actually knows how to tune multi carb setups. What you are looking at there is a quad throttlebody intake with VELOCITY STACKS. If you look at the opening, follow it down to the main body of the TB.. you see those little bolts? You can remove the Velocity stacks and modify a filter to bolt to it in their place.

Something like these:

As for a linkage.. you would need a crossbar setup with a single pull at the centre.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:36 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine @ Apr 15 2005, 11:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>well.. little bit of info from somebody who actually knows how to tune multi carb setups. <div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
It's a hell of a lot easier to tune Multiple carbs than it is to tune multiple MAP sensors/TPS's and Fuel Injector trims. I'd rather tackle a FLEET of multi-carb I4 engines than try to tune ONE Quad-TB setup on EFI. With the multi-carb setup, you've already got a baseline, you only need to tune for conditions and modificaitons to the engine. With a 4-TB setup for a car, you're re-inventing the wheel when it comes to fuel-TPS angle-MAP reading relationships maps.

They are in no way analogous.

(when it comes to ease of tuning) Hell, I'd rather slap 4 Carb's on a tibby and just deal with ignition timing issues, and fuel ratios with the carbs.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:41 PM

I never mentioned how hard it would be to tune a multi throttlebody setup. I was just mentioning a few facts. To tell you the truth, I have only seen multithrottlebodies, never had to worry about seeing it tuned..

BTW.. the car I saw with a multi setup was a 73 911 RS with the 2.7.. that is SIX throttle bodies.. very sexy looking and sounding. They wanted a betting running and performing car, but wanted it to still look stock.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:19 AM

If I'm not mistaken the 73 911 was carbureted, so again, they had a baseline from the factory and only needed to modify/tune it.

Its the same thing if you try to switch from Carbureted/individual carbs to EFI. You basically have to re-invent the wheel when it comes to fueling maps/spark ignition maps and tps angle relationships.