Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

For the tib owners....

Old 09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default For the tib owners....

Some old rally & race pics I have on the HA server....

Old 09-03-2009, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Tiburon

I personally am not a fan of the older tibs and that last pic....that tib could shovel snow lol
Old 09-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Visionz @ Sep 3 2009, 11:05 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'>Some old rally & race pics I have on the HA server....

</div>
I love these cars.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Thank you!!! Those are new to me. Eriksson's F2 1998 is just amazing! in 1999 they shortened the wing and added a few paint details to make it the best rally paint livery in the world! Thing had a fiberglass hatch! Woooo.

ElectricTuscani, I respect your stance and will only concur for purpose of debate. from a rallying perspective, that bumper was designed by Hyundai-hired McLaren F1 designer especially to homogoliate the kit car. It was typical for World Rally Cars and Formula 2 to sport aggressive deep "mouth" scoops, large mud flaps, wide-fenders, and large spoilers. If they didn't, they wouldn't be rally cars. The 1990's were considered the very best days in all of rally history and Hyundai history. Don't let anyone tell you 90's Hyundais were POS only people who "assume" say so. The Accent for example was #1 seller in Australia above its own Holden and to this day has the highest respect. The first gen Tiburon was 6th highest selling car in Europe one month in 1998 and by 1999 accounted for around 50% of Hyundai model sales worldwide. They were greatly accepted cars in the rest of the world (with the exception of dealer quality). it's the history that has to be understood. With the new Hyundais, there is no bulk history, most all of the designs are made by newcomers like the douche that designed the unsuccessful hideous Crossfire through focus groups for marketing--Ok it's the only direction to go now, but there are no McLaren F1, Lotus, Giugiaro (greatest most advanced designer in history to this day), or Porsche stories to be told about today. There is where the amiableness lies. Much like the Mona Lisa would be just a regular portrait if you didn't know who painted it.

The RD2 was troubled, the koreans had taken original designs not meant to be altered, and modified them to steal some commercial integra and celica buyers. Notice that only lasted 1 year from 2000-2001. during that time they were having multiple problems, founder Chung Ju Young was dying, embezzlement, rioting, worker strikes, and slush funds were taking place. wrc programme was cut off illegally followed by FIA term penalties, cancelled driver contracts, and incoming lawsuits from MSD mechanics. time of turmoil for them.