Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Thrush Glasspack =? Drilled/perforated Core Glasspack?

Old 07-07-2006 | 10:25 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I got my glasspack from Autozone. $23.50 for 26.5" length cool.gif
Old 07-09-2006 | 07:47 PM

OK, tomorrow I'm gonna get my glasspack installed laugh.gif
Old 07-09-2006 | 09:09 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

good to hear...post sound clips when you get a chance
Old 07-10-2006 | 03:14 AM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

From the last exhaust I installed on my now gone GK, I went headers, dynomax hi-cat,edelbrock SDT muffler,custom Y pipe, Custon bent pipes to exit right before the rear tires. IMO the sound was fantastic. Didn't come close to having an import sound, it was so deep throughout the powerband. Start to finish it was all mellow, no popping, just deepness. For some reason after I always got messed with by mustang gt's and trucks. Never got messed with by imports suprisingly.

I don't have dyno results but when I go with a new exhaust on my 97RD I will have some dynos from what I did and how it performs.

In the RD, probably in the next two months I'm planning on running, 4-2-1 headers-->Dynomax hi-cat-->One of summit racings glass packs probably either the long smooth tube, or long chambered one-->edelbrock SDT muffler.

I had planned on cutting into the side skirts of my body kit and fitting some chrome tips in the openings but I figured a V6 was pushing it with having side exhausts but for a 4cyl its unheard of. It might sound nice and its cool so have the water getting burnt off turning to steam when its cold outside but I'm going by a gut feeling it won't work out as good as my GK did. People wanted me to stop by so many shops when I lived in texas just to show off the exhaust and how clean and deep it sounded. The guy who did my exhaust got major props and got a lot of customers after.

I'll give it more thought as it gets closer but for right now I'm probably going to go with a custom set up going all the way to the back. Maybe Y pipe it to come out the sides of the rear bumper, I don't know I like being unique even if it means I won't get the full potential of the mods for performance. I am in serious need of an exhaust though, I have all this intake stuff set up but chokin when it comes to the exhaust.

As of now I have a cold air intake,BBTB w/spacers,Ported and polished IM with spacers,Ported and polished head, 4-2-1 headers, but after its all bone stock for the exhaust. Punched the cat, no more combs, but like that really mattered. If anything it make the car a little louder.

After all my stuffs done and dyno'ed I'll post some clips and the dyno results. Wish me luck, still two months from now though....

Good luck on your venture and post some clips when finished, I'm intrested in the results...
Old 07-11-2006 | 02:41 PM

Bad news 02.gif , i did't get the glasspack installed. i went to the shop and they told me that they did have the drilled core glasspack but the only one that they have is the louvered one. so now i have to buy it online. i was thinking on summit racing... haha.gif

What do you think about this one??

Dynomax Thrush Magnum Glasspack Mufflers
Old 07-11-2006 | 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

that very same one is goin on my car here soon

i already have one in 2.25 and it works pretty good
Old 07-11-2006 | 05:39 PM

I had one installed, for two years, great product.
Then I bought 2 of the 24" 2,5" and installed one after the other, it's a great product. They don't need to be changed too often, should last for 3years if you don't drive too hard all the time and don't drive too much.

They are cheap, around $18 each; Summit has a great customer service, buy from them.
Old 07-12-2006 | 01:52 PM

All right!! cool.gif , then there is no hesitation on buying that one...thanks a lot guys... laugh.gif