Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Thinking About Pulleys

Old 12-31-2005, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mb1604 @ Dec 21 2005, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ive heard issues with rd1s but not rd2's cyber would you say its worth 240? anyone else have opinions?</div>

To me, it was worth the money. $240 may be a bit much for some people, and understandably so, but it gives a noticeable difference throughout the power band.

A power wrench will come in handy here to get the power steering pully off, in addition to the front wheel and crank pulley bolt. Probably the toughest part will be getting the water pump pulley off. A gear wrench with a swivel head will help out a lot in addition to having small hands.

As far as having any problems, I havn't had any, but then again, I'm only running the stock radio and nothing else. Only the power steering, waterpump and crank pulleys are replaced in the SR pulley set so charging issues are not present. If I were running a high power amp or something, then I might notice it.
Like Redz stated earlier though, some people have had problems with shipping. I called them up directly when I bought mine a few years ago and ordered it so I didn't have any trouble with them. Good luck!
Old 12-31-2005, 02:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MK3Design @ Dec 31 2005, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Where did you get the full set from?</div>

You can still get them from Kspec.

Guys, I really need a stock pulley set from a 97 or 98.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:42 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ I can send u my stock power steering/ water pump pulley (1) the large one that goes on the water pump

may i ask what u need the stock pulleys for? 33.gif
Old 01-01-2006, 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SilentSecret @ Dec 31 2005, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>^^ I can send u my stock power steering/ water pump pulley (1) the large one that goes on the water pump

may i ask what u need the stock pulleys for? 33.gif</div>

I'm checking out all the differences of the stock pulleys so we can get pulleys re added correctly to Kspec.com , not to mention, I have a shop that wants to do work for us now. If I send them all of the OEM pulleys with the little variations, we should be good.

Please PM me about this, I've been waiting for this last set for some time.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:34 AM

mmm...

Maybe you will be interest on my pulleys.... My engine is a 1.8.... I Don't know if my pulleys has variations or not than the 2.0 ...

Just need a little patient.... I'm collecting money to buy the full set....