Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Thinkin Its My Tps..

Old 09-18-2007, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has been having a rough boggy idle lately. Additionally, starting it is a pain, it'l finally go after like 15 seconds of having the key turned and playing w the gas pedal. But it will start just fine if i leave it alone over night, it only starts like this when i have driven it within an hr of trying to start it again. I know its not the starter. Thought it might be spark plugs, so i changed em real quick and got nothing different. Lemme tell you a bit more about my problem..

When you rev the car up itl go, but it makes the same sounds the car would make if you were in 5th gear going like 25mph and had the pedal to the floor. Then it goes ahead and chugs and bogs on. It resembled a riding mower...put put put put. So i started playing w my throttle body, and every time you open it up, its as if you are flooding the motor. The motor almost kiels over and dies. Just before i go to shut it off, i peek at my safc2 (which at the moment is only hooked up as a sensor, not to tune) and my throttle %, which shows how much ive got my foot into the floorboard, reads 100%, as if im at WOT.

My conclusion is its TPS. I dont know which kind i have, i know there is a good and a bad, i didnt bother to look before i posted this but ill find out. Would you guys think its that too or no? Thanks.
-Adam
Old 09-18-2007, 08:24 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sounds like MAF sensor to me. Try cleaning the MAF with electronics cleaner or MAF cleaner from your favorite auto parts store. It may be damaged or installed backwards as well.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

could be spark plugs or wires me thinks dunno.gif
Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 AM

i changed plugs before i did it, no difference. i looked the wires over, there isnt any issue w em. They are 9mm, all the jazz that is suppose to make em unbreakable or whatever bs they advertised w em. But anyways they looked good, and its def not the same symptoms as having a plug wire out and arcing and stuff.

Ill have to look into the MAF suggestion. I hate that it cant just be somethin mechanical.
-Adam