Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Taillight Problem

Old 12-08-2006, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

OK, So I got pulled over for having a taillight burned out. No big deal just change the bulb, right? NO. pulled the tails and all the wiring was messed up. Fixed it all by soldering it together and then changed all the bulbs. Now the other side doesnt work. Car is a 99 Tib. Both sides work when brakes are applied but otherwise only one side will work at a time. (Two running lights and blinker) Not sure about revers lights but Im not worried about those. Any ideas would be awesome. Im pretty good with electrical stuff so I can check just about anything. All bulbs are currently good. Thanks
Old 12-08-2006, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Tiburon/FX

Perhaps the socket is bad?? or a wire is broke? IDK im just thowing out suggestions to check up on. Hope it helps
Old 12-08-2006, 02:13 PM

no they all work right. just not at the same time. its just to cold or id be out there checking everything out
Old 12-08-2006, 02:18 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

that happened to me before, but it was the fact that the stupid metal that touches the bulb was rusted and opened the connection.

Are the bulbs busted on the other tails or just wiring. sounds like maybe there are loose connections somewhere or a burnt fuse? or somthing...

idk, just trying to get more info to help u out.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:25 PM

I fixed all the connections. One taillight was not working right (there are twon brake/running lights on each) both were out except when i would brake. then i fixed the connections and changed the bulbs. that taillight now worked perfect but the other one would not work. so i changed the bulbs in the other taillight (the one that worked at first) then they switched again. im not sure what to look at. there must be some kind of resistance somewhere not allowing enough power through to light both sets of tails.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:34 PM

weird
My first thought was fuses but someone already beat me to it. For you having to do some soddering then maybe do that for both.

Again just weird.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:27 PM

Damn, you're getting the same problem I had. I tested the bulbs and they were good, I tested the wires and they were getting power... I finally got fed up and took it to the dealership as a last resort and they said... "it was just the bulbs, they were bad and needed to be replaced..."

I KNOW those bulbs were good, I tested them, but I was dumbfounded and stood there looking like an idiot... but when I got the Tib back it was fixed.... so no help here I guess just "I feel your pain" wink1.gif
Old 12-08-2006, 04:48 PM

Ya tomorrow Im going to check all the wires and see how much power they are getting. If they are all getting enough power I guess Ill just replace the bulbs again with another new set.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:22 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it's da fuse. check the internal fuse box and then the one in the engine compartment. everything runs from the fuse box outside to the fuse box inside.