Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Tail Pipe Mesurement

Old 08-05-2006, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Let me clarify, The shops are charging labor out the ass, the piping is cheap. I am trying to avoid that cost and get the pipe bent and ill install it myself thereby saving myself $$$. (The rest of the stock exaust is not crimped so while i see that as cheap ill put the 5 bucks in to have it stay all smooth).

If i were to get an OEM replacement they run between 150-200 dollars (just the part not installation). i just wanted the mesurements so that i could spend less then 50 bucks to get a damn muffler on the car and pass inspection.

ebay muffler (30-40 bucks)--->Custom bent pipe from mesurements taken to a shop (less then 20)-->friend who can wield the hangers and flange and muffler to pipe (6 pack of beer IOU) = total cost 50-60 bucks.

instead of the 120-180 that a shops (i called 4 for prices) would charge + piping.

Im really happy that you guys got your exaust installed for X amount, but that does not pertain to my question, had i asked how much it cost you guys then it would, Unless you live near pittsburgh then i could ask where and all that jazz offtopic.gif mad.gif

SO, if anyone has mesurement numbers please pass them along. and thank you. deal.gif
Old 08-05-2006, 11:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Oh, well, on that note, 2.5 inches.

That's the measurement.

I'm closing this as it's worthless. Do some research on these forums about EXHAUST. The SEARCH FUNCTION works great on this site and all your questions have been answered. What I belive you are looking for is for someone to spoon feed you the length and angle of all of the pipes to do your own exhaust.

Not gonna happen man.

Closed.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:46 PM

I just wanted to clarify since we are closing and this , yes, has been bugging me for years.

The original intent was replace the bend over the axle to where it bolts. I figure if i could have got the measurements from the bolt point, how long it is and the angle of the bend i could have a shop make one and have a muffler welded on the pre-bent pipe, instead of paying a shop to put the car up on a lift and custom install.

/end rant/
Old 07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Seems to me there are only two ways to get those measurements down exactly right:

Have a professional tube man bend it after eyeballing it for 5 minutes

or

Calculus. This ain't geometry.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:40 PM

Ya well way back then i didnt know better it was one of my first posts.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

LOL n00b! laugh.gif