Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Tail Light Fuses..

Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the tail light fuses the same as the other ones? For some reason, I am missing one owned.gif and the other is a plain black fuse. I looked at an auto parts store and there wasn't any like that. Will a regular one like the others (in the engine bay fuse-box) work? I searched and saw a post saying the tail light fuses are 10amp, is that right? And if they aren't just plain fuses, where can I get one?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:34 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

There shouldn't be any black fuses
Old 06-27-2007, 11:36 PM

Well there is... x-x... like 4 at least. They are box like, but they are all black. I didn't put em in there lol.
So a regular 10amp fuse is all I need?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:41 PM
DTN

dude, those are relays... Don't mess with them, they rarely go bad.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:03 AM

I'm not messing with it lol, I don't have one. My tail light (as well as my cluster) don't work. I checked bulb, and other fuses. Only thing that I found wrong was tail light fuse(relay?) was missing. Where can I get one at? Im in NY, and I have to drive back to FL in a few days. I don't wanna get pulled over lol.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:08 AM
DTN

You need to check the engine bay fuses again and use a multimeter. I've had fuses blow where you can't even see that it's bad. It looked good, but the crack was hairline and you couldn't see it through the plastic.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:09 AM

Ok, I'll try it later today.

But first whenenever it gets light out again ima make sure I'm missing something.
And, just in case I do need a relay, where might I get one? Other than a Hyundai dealer... cuz theres none close by 02.gif
Old 06-28-2007, 04:56 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

if your relay is in fact missing A.) find out where it went and B.) replace it with another relay you don't need. i did that once when my power window relay got fried-... i used the relay from my fog lights.

but i almost know for a fact it's one of your tail light fuses. if the cluster is out and i remeber correctly-... it's the driver's side taillight fuse under the hood (red 10) it should be near the big white bar that says power connector. same thing happened to me on a friday the 13th and i was like "wtf maybe i should take superstitions more seriously".

but yeah you can get those fuses almost anywhere that sells car stuff (wal-mart, auto-zone, etc).

you might not even need to!!! go inside your cockpit fuse box at the very bottom there are a row of fuses that are in there vertically. those are extra fuses- they go to absolutely nothing. if you have a red 10 then use it! just be sure to pick up a "variety pack" and keep a couple handy.