Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Tachometer Signal From The Gauge Cluster

Old 02-23-2008, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Try the CKP wire, youll have to play with the ECU tho, the harness is a biotch to put back on if your new
Old 02-23-2008, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, the ecu is a b*tch to work on: big wire loom, trying to splice some wire is a nightmare, and it's far up. I had a choice for getting that tach signal: ignition coils, ecu, or (from what I read) from the gauge cluster. The gauge cluster was by far the best choice, for me!

Anyway, I finally got the tach signal to read properly. The problem was that I had to get my alarm brain to learn the tach: turn the car on, let it idle, press the valet button (it will chirp), and that's it. But the valet button would never chirp. The problem was that I had to connect my door trigger/dome light. Because I didn't have another relay, I simulated the door opening by connecting the proper alarm wire to my brake switch. So by holding the brake pedal, it acted as opening the door. And that was it, now my RS almost works (lol). When the car turns on via RS, it only idles for about 5 seconds and then dies. I'm looking into that one now :-)

I'm honestly addicted to rdtiburon. This site has so much info, and a great community!!! I love coming here. You guys are pretty quick replying. Awesome support!! Like me, I feel that you guys love your tib.