Hyundai Tiburon Forum The Hyundai Tiburon Forum. Get all the questions you have about the RD, GK, and FL Tiburon answered here. Find out why the Hyundai Tiburon is Korea's most popular tuning platform.

Swapping parts & other

Old 11-12-2004, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any OC Watchers?!

About to get another 1st gen...

I like a lot of parts from my old car, and want to swap them into the new one. First off the seats.

How do I get the old ones out to replace with mine, especially the back seat.

I would love to use my old gauge cluster, but our miles are different. If I crack my old gauges open is there a way to roll back my miles on the odometer so that they match the new car?

This also comes with the stock double-din tape/cd player, I know that I can swap in my single-din cd player but then i'll have a gap under it, there should be no problem in me swapping my Radio space, heater controls panel right? Sorry I can't remember the name of that whole piece.

Also the passenger window rolls up only from the drivers side. Will swapping in my window control module from my doors fix this?

One more.

The gauge cluster, windows controls, and drivers side tail light do not light up. I'm pretty sure those are on the same circuit, or similar ones so it's prolly a fuse blown somewhere right? The brake lights and turn signal work, it's just the running lights in the drivers side rear that don't work.

I believe that I can swap most of that stuff over in an afternoon, but does anyone see any real problems?
Old 11-12-2004, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping parts & other

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCookSta)</div><div class='quotemain'>How do I get the old ones out to replace with mine, especially the back seat.</div>

It is very easy to remove the rear seats. Fold the backs down, and you will see 4 bolts. Remove them and the backs will come out. Then, the bottom of the seats just pull out. This is if I remember correctly. It has been a while since I removed mine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCookSta)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would love to use my old gauge cluster, but our miles are different. If I crack my old gauges open is there a way to roll back my miles on the odometer so that they match the new car?</div>

You could just change the faces instead of the entire cluster.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCookSta)</div><div class='quotemain'>This also comes with the stock double-din tape/cd player, I know that I can swap in my single-din cd player but then i'll have a gap under it, there should be no problem in me swapping my Radio space, heater controls panel right? Sorry I can't remember the name of that whole piece.</div>

Yes, as long as they are both 1st gens, you could swap these.